Yiannis Paraskakis Bio
Yiannis Paraskakis is a local farmer, priest’s son and father-of-two who is said to have told authorities that he hit Dr. Eaton with his car on July 2 then stabbed her in a ‘sexually motivated’ killing.
— ofpolitics (@ofpolitics1) July 16, 2019
Yiannis Paraskakis Age
He is 27 years old
Yiannis Paraskakis Accused Suzanne Eaton Murder
accused of murdering American biologist Suzanne Eaton in Crete earlier this month was seen being marched towards Greek prosecutors in handcuffs on Tuesday a day after confessing to her killing.
— Lawrence Harris (@Lawrenc58408579) July 16, 2019
Yiannis Paraskakis Stabbed Her in Nazi Bankers
Suzanne Eaton’s body was found hidden in a Nazi bunker in the hills near Chania. She had been stabbed, suffocated and one of her ears had been cut off.
In his confession, Paraskakis told investigators that he hit Dr. Eaton with his car twice.
He then carried, while she was unconscious, into the trunk of his car and drove to the bunker where he said he raped her and then killed her.
Yiannis Paraskakis is the one that killed Suzanne Eaton. I am shocked that he did the crime as he is white skinned and has kids and comes from a decent family. He must have some serious mental health problems to harm and rape and murder like that. He needs possible death sentence
— Machiavellian News (@JamesPup) July 16, 2019
Suzanne Eaton’s Murder Investigation
Detectives were led to the suspect after interviewing a group of people they said knew the tunnel network well.
Paraskakis is active on social media and YouTube where he has shared photos and videos of himself inside what looks like the same caves where the doctor’s body was found.
— Sinah Nachrichten (@SinahNachricht) July 15, 2019
Yiannis Paraskakis Charged
Paraskakis is expected to be charged with murder on Tuesday.
Yiannis Paraskakis Arrested
Police said on Tuesday that he was arrested after they discovered tire tracks near the tunnel.
Yiannis Paraskakis Statement
‘According to his claims, he placed the victim, unconscious, in the boot of his car and transferred her to a ventilation drain in the wartime storage (tunnel), where after raping her, abandoned her there.’
Fast Facts You Need to know
- Yiannis Paraskakis, 27, confessed to killing Eaton on Monday after being questioned by police on the island of Crete
- He told police he hit her with his car then stabbed her in a ‘sexually motivated’ attack on July 2
- He hit her twice then dumped her in his trunk and drove to the bunker, he said
- There, he attacked her violently, breaking multiple ribs and bones in her face
- Dr. Eaton, 59, was in Greece attending a conference and had gone out walking
- She fought her attacker off and police found DNA under her fingernails
- Paraskakis was arrested after police interviewed a group of people who know the network of tunnels well
- He is now in custody in Chania awaiting his first court appearance