Vincent Okoye Biography – Vincent Okoye Wiki
Vincent Okoye is from Las Vegas man was arrested Friday after allegedly possessing over 100 credit and debit cards for unemployment benefits.
Vincent Okoye, 38, was charged with having a counterfeiting and unauthorized access device and a number of aggravated identity theft. Okoye’s first court appearance is not yet planned.
According to the U.S. Law firm, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police and the U.S. Secret Service, Okoye had over $ 100,000 in cash and money orders related to fake cards.
“Fraud against [DETR] is common in Nevada’s unemployment benefit system,” said US Attorney Nicholas A. Trutanich. “As the government begins addressing vulnerabilities in the application and payment system, our office will continue to work closely with our partners to prevent key federal resources from enriching fraudsters.
“This case is likely just the proverbial ‘tip of the iceberg’: we will track down and prosecute scammers who fraudulently obtain federal unemployment benefits,” Trutanich said.
Law enforcement searched Okoye’s residence on July 15 and allegedly found:
- Over 100 credit and debit cards not issued in Okoye’s name from DETR and Arizona’s DES
- Over $100,000 in cash and money orders
- At least 24 pieces of mail from DETR with various names and addresses
- Over 100 pieces of other mail with names and addresses not belonging to Okoye
- A forged Canadian passport
- Postal mailbox master keys