Vanessa Richey Biography
Vanessa Richey from Missouri. She was arrested Tuesday morning for allegedly firing a gun in the parking lot of a Kansas City DMV after witnesses say she became impatient due to the long lines.
Vanessa Richey became upset about the lengthy lines at the Parkville DMV located at the intersection of 64th Street and Cosby Road, in Kansas City and around 11.20am was heard saying the ‘wait time is ridiculous’.
Missouri woman fires two shots outside of DMV office
Vanessa Richey in Parkville, Missouri, was arrested after police say she stormed out of a Department of Motor Vehicles office and fired two shots into the air. pic.twitter.com/xVGjwMA0VJ
— @WADIBIG (@wadibig) July 10, 2019
Vanessa Richey Age
She is 34 years old.
Vanessa Richey Firing
Witness said “She was cussing and upset with the staff there, The woman was being ‘loud and obnoxious’ and using the foul language according to onlookers who say she walked in and immediately argued with staff for 10 minutes and demanded to see their manager who wasn’t available. She walked to the counter and demanded a duplicate ID, saying it was a matter of national security and the president’s life was in danger. Then she allegedly said, “What do I have to do, grab a gun?”
Vanessa Richey, 34, of Kansas City, Mo., is in custody in Platte City after the shooting incident today at a Parkville DMV location at 64th Street and Cosby Road in Kansas City. She fired two shots in the parking lot.
A press release said the motive is unclear. pic.twitter.com/ChnFK7MKt0
— Cody Thorn (@Citizen_CodyT) July 9, 2019
“I checked with the woman behind me and said, ‘Did she say what I thought she said? That doesn’t sound good,’” Hutsler said.
Hutsler said he followed Richey outside, that she grabbed a gun, fired it into an island in the parking lot and then he told her she wasn’t getting back inside. That’s when he took his truck and pulled up behind her car, boxing her in.
Police Investigation Reports
Major Erik Holland with the Platte County Sheriff’s Office said Richey fired two shots with a handgun.
Around 11.30am officers had responded to a call of shots fired. Officer Darin Snapp said no one was injured. Snapp said an off-duty officer who heard a gunshot approached the woman and ordered her to put the gun down.
Vanessa Richey Arrested and Charges
Richey was taken into custody and is being held at the Platte County Detention Center. It was not immediately clear what charges she’s set to face.
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Vanessa Richey was upset approximately the prolonged strains at Parkville DMV Tuesday
- She walked in around eleven.20amand she changed into heard without delay announcing the ‘wait time is ridiculous’ in Kansas town
- Witnesses stated Richey turned into being ‘loud and obnoxious’ and the usage of foul language
- She argued with the body of workers for 10 mins and demanded to see their manager
- Group of workers threatened to call the police and requested her to go away, to which she allegedly answered she became getting a gun and ‘would deal with this’
- The witness stated Richey headed out of doors, fumbled in her bag and fired into the air
- police officers stated she fired two times and an off-duty officer ordered her to position the gun down
- law enforcement officials responding to the scene jumped on her as she becomes coming into her automobile
- Richey changed into taken to the health center for tests then jailed but no longer right away charged