Thomas Manzo Biography, Thomas Manzo Wiki
Thomas Manzo, the ex-husband of former “Real Housewives of New Jersey” star Dina Manzo, has been indicted for allegedly hiring John Perna, a member of the Lucchese crime family, to assault Manzo’s current husband.
Thomas Manzo, known as Tommy Manzo in Bravo’s “Real Housewives of New Jersey,” left Dina Manzo in 2012. The couple completed their divorce in 2016. In 2017, Dina Manzo married Dave Cantin. Currently he uses the name, Dina Cantin.
In May 2017, Dina and Dave Cantin became victims of a home occupation. The couple told the police that Dave was hit with a baseball bat at their home in Holmdel, and Dina was punched repeatedly because the attackers stole jewelry and money. James Mainello, 51, from Bayonne, has been charged with robbery, theft, assault, theft, criminal restraint, and possession of weapons.
Who is Ex-Husband of Dina Manzo
Thomas Manzo, 55, who lives in Franklin Lakes, allegedly asked Perna, 43, of Cedar Grove, to assault Dina’s boyfriend in July 2015 in exchange for a discounted price on Perna’s wedding at The Brownstone, a Paterson banquet hall that Manzo co-owns with his brother, Albert Manzo.
Manzo was angry Dina, who appeared in the RHONJ’s first two seasons, had moved in with her new boyfriend after they had separated, prosecutors say. Manzo and Dina were married for seven years before separating in 2012 and finalizing their divorce in 2016.
Prosecutors say Manzo gave Perna personal information about his ex-wife’s boyfriend, including his residence and business addresses and details on his vehicle, in a bid to help track Cantin down.
In exchange for carrying out the attack, prosecutors say Manzo allowed Perna to host a lavish wedding reception at his event venue in Paterson, New Jersey for a fraction of the price.
Both Manzo and Perna were arrested on Tuesday and made initial court appearances later in the day via videoconferencing.
They were both charged with committing a violent crime in aid of racketeering activity and conspiracy to commit a violent crime in aid of racketeering activity.
Perna was also charged with conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud related to the submission of a false car insurance claim.
Manzo’s attorney, Michael Critchley, said his client is ‘absolutely innocent, and the allegations more resemble a fictionalized plot of a reality TV show, and will be proven to be nothing more than that.’
Thomas Manzo, 55, was charged on Tuesday for allegedly hiring Lucchese crime family John Perna (above in a prior mugshot) to assault his ex-wife’s then-boyfriend back in July 2015
Facts You Need to Know
- RHONJ star Dina Manzo’s ex-husband was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly hiring a Mafia mobster to assault her now-husband five years ago
- Thomas Manzo, 55, is accused of hiring Lucchese crime family John Perna to assault his ex-wife’s then-boyfriend back in July 2015
- Prosecutors say Perna and an associate attacked Dina’s boyfriend David Cantin with a slap jack in the parking lot of a New Jersey strip mall at Manzo’s request
- The attack left Cantin with a permanent facial scar, authorities said
- Manzo was angry Dina, who appeared in the RHONJ’s first two seasons, had moved in with her new boyfriend after they had separated, prosecutors say
- Manzo and Dina were married for seven years before separating in 2012 and finalizing their divorce in 2016
- In exchange for carrying out the attack, prosecutors say Manzo allowed Perna to host a lavish wedding reception at his event venue in Paterson, New Jersey