Tenisha Jenkins Ajayi Bio
Tenisha insists she married Nigerian IT worker Ajayi, nicknamed AJ, for love rather than any form of financial or immigration arrangement. The estranged wife of Utah murder suspect Ayoola Ajayi says she was forced to flee their turbulent marriage when he slashed her with a butcher’s knife and threatened to kidnap her.
— Republican Lives Matter (@REPUBLICANLM) June 29, 2019
Tenisha Jenkins Age
She is 35 years old.
Tenisha Jenkins Husband
They were introduced to one another in 2011 by a family friend and were married by June of that year.
‘My Godmother said to me I’ve got someone for you,’ Tenisha recalled.
‘I asked her is he crazy, is he a killer but she said he was a good person.
‘For our first date we went to her house. He was cool, he was a loving person, not crazy.
‘My kids liked him. He used to buy them clothes, do stuff for them. He paid for my apartment, my childcare, everything.
‘The wedding was in downtown Dallas. Nobody came but we didn’t invite nobody. Me and mom were into it at the time. He didn’t invite any of his family either. His mama don’t speak English.’
Ajayi is accused of kidnapping and killing 23-year-old University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck before burning her body and burying it in a back yard in North Salt Lake.
He is still legally married to mother-of-four Tenisha Jenkins Ajayi, but the pair have not seen one another for years after she went into hiding and changed her cell phone because of his violent outbursts.
‘If he took an innocent child he needs to spend his life in jail,’ she said through tears, in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com.
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Tenisha claims she was forced to flee her marriage to Ayoola Ajayi
- Ayoola Ajayi is accused of killing 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck
- Tenisha Jenkins Ajayi is still legally married to him,
- Pair haven’t seen each other in years
- Tenisha went into hiding and changed her number because of his violence
- Tenisha Jenkins Ajayi claims Ayoola Ajayi slashed her with a butcher’s knife and threatened to kidnap
- The breaking point came when he threatened to kill her if she didn’t move to Utah