Spencer Hight Wiki
Spencer Hight was an American who killed eight people and wounded a ninth in Plano, Texas, the United States on September 10, 2017, before being shot dead by police. Spencer Hight lost his job doing contract work for Texas Instruments around the time that he and her daughter bought the Plano house in 2015, Lane said. She said her daughter, who worked for Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages in Fort Worth, was shouldering the mortgage by herself.
Plano, Texas September 2017 Killings
Following a TABC investigation, a bartender has been charged with serving alcohol to an intoxicated person. The server, Lindsey Glass, sold Spencer Hight alcohol the same night he shot and killed eight at a Plano party. https://t.co/HVnEqX8e9B
— WFAA (@wfaa) May 4, 2019
On September 10, 2017, Hight committed a mass shooting at his estranged wife’s home, after he fatally shot her and seven of her friends while she hosted a Dallas Cowboys watch party at her home on West Spring Creek Parkway.
Officers were called to the home just after 8:00 p.m. local time after someone reported hearing gunshots. The first officer who arrived also reported hearing gunshots. When the officer entered the home, he confronted Hight, who was still armed. The officer opened fire, killing Hight.
Spencer Hight Victims
- Meredith Hight, 27, his wife
- Myah Bass, 28
- Anthony Cross, 33
- Olivia Deffner, 24
- James Dunlop, 29
- Caleb Edwards, 25
- Darryl William Hawkins, 22
- Rion Morgan, 31
The Junior League of Collin County organized a vigil for the victims of the attack ten days afterward.
The family of Spencer Hight released a statement, which said in part: “There can be no rational excuse for his horrific actions. We, as a family, express our deepest sorrow and condolences to all of the families and friends of the victims. These young, vibrant lives did not deserve to be taken.”
In April, 2019, Lindsey Glass, a bartender at Local Public House in Plano, was charged for serving Hight alcohol, knowing he was intoxicated. The charge carries a fine of up to $500, up to a year in jail, or both. According to the charging documents she sent texts to a friend concerned about how drunk he was and brought a large knife he was exposed at the bar while commenting, “Spencer has a big knife on the bar and is spinning it and just asked for his tab and said I have to go do some dirty work … Psychoooooooo.” Hight left the bar and committed the murders.
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Spencer Hight, 32, was killed by police after he fatally shot his estranged wife and friends
- An autopsy released this week reveals he was extremely drunk at the time
- Hight’s blood alcohol content was 0.33 – the threshold for a DUI arrest is 0.08
- His ex-wife, Meredith Lane, 27, was hosting a football viewing party when Hight stormed in and opened fire
- He killed eight before he was shot dead by a police officer
- Friends said Spencer had a love of guns and knives as well as a drinking problem
- Victims are: Rion Morgan, 31; Anthony ‘Tony’ Cross, 33; Olivia Deffner, 24; James Dunlop, 29; Darryl William Hawkins, 22; Myah Bass, 28; and Caleb Edwards, 25