Shian Mengini Biography
Shian Skylar Mengini, 18, is facing charges after admitting to investigators that she had fabricated a story about being sexually assaulted by another woman.
Officials said Mengini confessed to detectives that she concocted the tale. As for her motive for filing a false police report, Mengini said she did it because she was bored. She added that she had also been angry with her husband at the time.
— Scallywagandvagabond (@ScallywagNYC) May 10, 2019
This occurred in Upland, a small town of about 3,200 people in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Upland is located about 20 miles southwest of Philadelphia.
Falsely Claims She Was Sexually Assaulted
She also allegedly told authorities the sexual encounter was consensual and said she made up the story about being sexually assaulted because she was mad at her husband and had nothing else to do with her time because she didn’t have friends in the area.
Shian Skylar Mengini Charges and Arrested
Shian Skylar Mengini was arrested and charged with making a false police report. According to the Daily Times,, citing online records, Mengini’s case was filed as a second-degree misdemeanor.
— M&M (@moosemyfrnds1) May 10, 2019
Under Pennsylvania law, a suspect can be charged when there is evidence that they “knowingly [gave] false information to any law enforcement officer with intent to implicate another.”
Mengini was arraigned on May 8 and released on $15,000 bail. A preliminary hearing before Magisterial District Judge Thomas J. Lacey was scheduled for May 16.
10 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Shian Mengini Claimed Another Woman Whom She Had Met Online Sexually Assaulted Her at Her Home
- Mengini’s Husband, Stephen Mengini, Told Investigators That His Wife Had Received Threatening Text Messages From the Other Woman’s Husband
- The case became more complicated a few days later. The Delaware County District Attorney’s Office said that Shian Mengini claimed that she had received threatening text messages from the woman’s husband.
- Shian Mengini Confessed That the Sexual Encounter With the Woman Had Been Consensual & That She Sent the Threatening Messages Herself Using Spoofed Numbers
- She admitted that a woman had come over to the house, but that the sexual activity had been consensual.
- Shian Mengini Has Arrested and Charged With Making a False Report & Posted Bail
- Mengini was arraigned on May 8 and released on $15,000 bail
- Shian Mengini’s Husband, Stephen Mengini, Resigned From His Job With the Upland Police Department the Same Day She Confessed to Having Made Up the Sexual Assault Story
- The local newspaper reported that Stephen Mengini, 28, was a part-time police officer with the Upland department