Shannon Alvarez Biography, Shannon Alvarez Wiki
Shannon Alvarez, 45, was arrested Friday for vehicular homicide and third-degree feticide after Jade Lewis, 22, and her unborn child was killed in a New Orleans road rage crash on January 30.
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Shannon Alvarez, 45, was arrested Friday for vehicular homicide and third-degree feticide
- Jade Lewis, 22, and her unborn child, Mydas, were killed in a New Orleans road rage crash around 12.30 pm on January 30
- Police believe that after one of the drivers would not let the other merge then Alvarez’s SUV clipped the front of Lewis’ car and each struck different poles
- Lewis died at the scene and toxicology tests showed Alvarez was under the influence of two dangerous substances
- Alvarez faces charges of vehicular homicide, third-degree feticide, and other moving violations
Shannon Alvarez Victims
Jade Lewis, 22, and her unborn child, Mydas, were killed in a New Orleans road rage crash n January 30. Lewis’ boyfriend Marcus Villavasso (pictured) said: ‘My kid that I was supposed to meet next week would’ve been my second one with her’
Her boyfriend said their unborn child would’ve been named Mydas and opened up about how like his son, he too lost his mother at a young age.
‘Devastation. My heart just broke. I feel like my soul was ripped out of my body,’ boyfriend Marcus Villavasso told WDSU earlier this month. ‘I lost my mother as a kid, as a teenager. I feel like she [Lewis] somewhat filled a void for me; my kid that I was supposed to meet next week would’ve been my second one with her.’
Shannon Alvarez Charged
A woman has been charged with murder and feticide after she was found to be under the influence of two substances when she crashed and caused the death of a 38-week pregnant woman and her son.
Louisiana police believe that after one of the drivers would not let the other merge around Williams Boulevard and West Esplanade Avenue, both vehicles started speeding down the road trying to block each other around 12.30 pm.
But when Alvarez’s 2008 Toyota 4Runner clipped the front of Lewis’ 2008 Chevrolet Malibu, it caused the victim’s car to go off-road and strike a utility pole on the 2400 block of West Esplanade Avenue.
‘Someone wanted to get in the other lane, they get too close, someone blows their horn and then it escalates from there,’ Kenner Police Department spokesperson Lt. Michael Cunningham said. ‘Then the other driver doesn’t want to let somebody over. Witnesses are saying that’s what happened here.’
Afterward, Alvarez’s SUV fishtailed and also went off-road before striking another pole. Alvarez was treated for her injuries.