Seth Eklund Bio
Seth Eklund is a white security guard in Ohio. Seth Eklund is facing criminal charges after he was caught on surveillance video pulling a gun on a black sheriff’s deputy in full uniform because he was armed.
Imagine being a real LEO and having a gun pulled on you by a rent-a-cop because of the color of your skin
— Racist Of The Week (@RacistOTW) July 13, 2019
Seth Eklund Age
He is 33 years old.
Seth Eklund Alan Gaston
Lucas County Sheriff’s deputy Alan Gaston was on duty when he stopped by an IRS office in Toledo on May 31 to ask about a letter he had received.
US_Rep says, “Mall cop Seth Eklund, 33 in Ohio is an untrained idiot. And is EXTREMELY fortunate the person he threatened was trained and mature.
Good on the deputy for filing the civil suit.”https://t.co/PQEkMcaE1r
— US-Rep_Marathon (@Marathon_US_Rep) July 15, 2019
Seth Eklund Video
CCTV footage obtained by 13ABC shows Gaston walking out of the office before the security guard follows him with his gun pointed at the deputy’s back.
The guard followed Gaston to the elevator with his gun drawn the whole time.
He tried to take Gaston into custody as he went to get into the elevator.
When I say #BlackLivesMatter, I’m including the women and men in “Blue” (and even camouflage).
Deputy Alan Gaston to security guard Seth Eklund: “Clearly your training is lacking and the fact that you went 0 to 100. Lethal force is unacceptable.”https://t.co/gLsXiu3TOh
— Marcus Croom, Ph.D. (@MarcusCroom) July 14, 2019
Seth Eklund Charged
Eklund is now facing an aggravated menacing charge and is expected to face court this week.
Alan Gaston Lawsuit
Gaston has also filed a lawsuit against Eklund and the security guard for compensation, saying he has suffered emotional and psychological distress from the incident.
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Deputy Alan Gaston was on duty when he stopped by an IRS office in Toledo, Ohio on May 31 to ask about a letter he had received
- Alan Gaston was dressed in his full sheriff’s office uniform with visible badge and gun when he entered the office
- Security guard Seth Eklund pulled his gun on Gaston after telling the deputy that he had to lock his gun in his car before entering the office
- Gaston had refused to get rid of his gun because he was still on duty and subsequently tried to leave the office
- The guard followed Gaston to the elevator with his gun drawn the whole time
- Many police Officers was caught on surveillance responding to the scene after someone in the office called 911
- Eklund is facing an aggravated menacing charge and will face court this week