Scott Speer Wiki
Scott Speer (born June 5, 1982) is an American filmmaker, music video director, television director and novelist.
|Born||June 5, 1982|
San Diego, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Filmmaker, music video director, television director, novelist|
Life and career
Speer was born in San Diego, California. At age 23, he was signed with HSI Productions, and in 2006 Speer received the MVPA Award for Directorial Debut of the Year for the music video of “Stars” by Switchfoot.
In 2007 he won his first MTV Video Music Awards Latin America in México, for his work with “Bella Traicion” by the Mexican pop sensation Belinda. In June 2007, he directed a three-part video series for Ashley Tisdale. These videos included “He Said She Said”, “Not Like That” and “Suddenly” released on her DVD There’s Something About Ashley. In 2009, he again directed music videos for Tisdale for “It’s Alright, It’s OK” and “Crank It Up” from her album Guilty Pleasure. He also had an on-and-off relationship with Tisdale from 2009–2012.
In addition to directing, Speer produced and the second unit directed the feature film The Beat, an official selection of the 2003 Sundance Film Festival, and remains deeply involved in independent films. In 2010 Scott directed The LXD episode “Duet”.
In 2012, he directed Step Up Revolution (2012), his feature film directing debut.
In April 2012, Speer released a young adult novel called Immortal City, about a world in which celebrity culture revolves around supernatural beings, specifically guardian angels
In April 2013, Speer released a book called Natural Born Angel, He also wrote the preceding novel Immortal City (2012) and concluded the trilogy with Battle Angel in 2014. 2015 filmed the highly rated exorcism short film Realm, which was also later made into a full-length film.
Speer allegedly attempted to burn his down house in the San Fernando Valley, according to law enforcement sources cited by TMZ. Inmate records with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department confirmed that he was charged with a felony.
10 Quick Facts You Need to Know About Scott Speer
— Bally Technologies (@Bally_Tech) January 22, 2012
- Report: Scott Speer Allegedly Set Fire to a Broom in an Attempt to Burn the House Down During a Domestic Dispute With His Wife, Michelle
- According to law enforcement sources cited by TMZ, which first reported the arrest, Speer allegedly “roughed up his wife.” He was reportedly drunk at the time.
- Scott Speer Posted $250,000 Bond After He Was Arrested on April 18, 2019
- Michelle McLaughlin Speer, 32, has been married to Scott Speer for at least two years
- Michelle McLaughlin Speer is a Former ‘Playboy’ Playmate of the Month & Was Previously Married to Pro Baseball Player F. P. Santangelo
- Scott Speer & Ashley Tisdale Dated For More Than Two Years; He Directed a Few Of Her Music Videos
- Tisdale and Speer first met in 2007, when he directed two of her music videos. But they began dating in the spring of 2009
- Scott Speer is Best Known for Directing Music Videos & a ‘Step Up’ Movie
- Speer is best known for directing “Step Up Revolution” in 2012
- He was booked into jail early in the morning on April 19 and charged with a felony.