Robert Solis Biography
Robert Solis has been charged with capital murder in the death of Deputy Sandeep Dhaliwal. Deputy Sandeep Dhaliwal was shot dead Friday afternoon in Cypress, Texas. Robert Solis is suspected of being the driver who ‘shot him in a very ruthless, cold-blooded way’ during a traffic stop
Capital murder suspect Robert Solis has a violent past including a 29-year-prison sentence for a violent incident involving his young son. Now he’s charged in the murder of well-respected @HCSOTexas Deputy Sandeep Dhaliwal. See what else I learned at 10, #KHOU11 pic.twitter.com/wFajyxiqTi
— Cheryl Mercedes (@CMercedesKHOU) September 28, 2019
Robert Solis Age
He is 47 years old.
Who is Robert Solis Deputy Sandeep Dhaliwal Killer
Robert Solis is suspected of shooting the married father-of-three who wore the traditional turban and beard of the Sikh religion after the former sheriff, Adrian Garcia, implemented a religious accommodation policy that allowed him to do so.
Solis has a lengthy criminal history, including charges for aggravated kidnapping and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. #HouNews
Robert Solis Killed Deputy Sandeep Dhaliwal
The officer had stopped a vehicle with two people inside when one of the occupants was able to leave the vehicle, approach the deputy from behind ‘basically just shot him in a very ruthless, cold-blooded way,’ twice, Harris County Sheriff Gonzalez said.
He added the execution was carried out ‘ambush-style’ and a female witness who was in her yard at the time of the shooting said she saw the suspect flee in a getaway vehicle.
UPDATE | Robert Solis, the suspect accused in Friday’s shooting of Harris County Deputy Sandeep Dhaliwal, has been charged with capital murder. Multiple law enforcement sources said the suspect accused is an ex-con who’s been wanted since 2017. https://t.co/HxSlZWAOx7
— 12NewsNow (@12NewsNow) September 28, 2019
Dhaliwal’s dashboard camera captured video showing Dhaliwal speaking with the driver in what appeared to be a conversational tone with ‘no combat, no arguing,’ Sheriff’s Maj. Mike Lee, who arrived on the scene after the shooting, said.
The driver’s door was opened at one point, and Dhaliwal shut it as the driver remained in the vehicle.
When Dhaliwal turned to walk back to his patrol car, the driver steps from the car ‘almost immediately running with a gun already out,’ Lee said about the video.
The driver shot the deputy from behind, hitting him in the back of the head. The driver got back in his car and drove away.
A deputy a short time later found and arrested a nervous man matching the description of the driver in a business at a nearby strip shopping center, Lee said.
#TRAGIC UPDATE: Harris County Sheriff’s Office deputy Sandeep Dhaliwal has succumb to his injuries after being shot multiple times in the back during a traffic stop. 47-year-old Robert Solis has been arrested and charged with capital murder. https://t.co/O7Qduo2jyi
— MyTexasDaily.com (@mytexasdaily) September 28, 2019
The weapon was found on the scene of the shopping plaza.
A woman believed to have been a passenger in the car also was taken into custody.
Solis was on parole until 2022 for the aggravated kidnapping conviction in 2002.
Who is Sikh Deputy Sandeep Dhaliwal
Let’s pray for Deputy Sandeep Dhaliwal, Houston’s first Sikh deputy, his family and loved ones and our city. Robert Solis shot him from behind during a traffic stop.
Harris County Sheriff’s Deputy Sandeep Dhaliwal, 42, was the first Sikh man to join the force 10 years ago and Sheriff Ed Gonzalez called him ‘a trailblazer’ who was active in the community as a philanthropist.
Robert Solis Charges
Solis, of Mission Bend in Houston, was charged with capital murder the same night and was wanted on a warrant for violating parole in 2017 when he was accused of possessing a prohibited weapon and threatening his girlfriend.
Robert Solis Crime History
In 2002 he was sentenced to 29 years in prison for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon but was released after 12 years in 2014 after which he was also accused of the drunk driver but was not returned to prison.
Convicted Felon (not allowed to possess weapon any longer) posts meme about lawful gun owners in Texas being batshit crazy (April 2018).
FF 2019, Hispanic #RobertSolis kills lawful immigrant #Police Ofc. #SandeepDhaliwal
Maybe @BetoORourke can race bait this too? #AmberGuyger pic.twitter.com/EvGRProGyF
— @policecode18_3 (@Policecode183) September 28, 2019
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Dhaliwal Was Approved to Wear the Symbols of His Sikh Faith, Including the Turban
- Sandeep Dhaliwal, Who Worked for Harris County Sheriff’s Office for 10 Years, Once Urged People to Be Proud of Wearing ‘Blue’
- Sandeep Dhaliwal was killed in 2015 – Deputy shot & killed identified as #SandeepDhaliwal. In 2015, he got natl. attn as the 1st Texas law enforcement officer. approved to wear a turban on duty, bringing awareness to his Sikh faith. He was a husband, father, and 10-year HCSO veteran.
- Sandeep Dhaliwal, a 10-year veteran of the department, stopped a vehicle with a man & woman inside, one of them got outshot him in the back “ambush-style” the killer had a warrant against him.
- Texas Governor about Sandeep Dhaliwal’s death – This tragic loss is a grave reminder of the risks that our law enforcement officers face every single day. I thank the officers who bravely responded to apprehend the suspect, and I assure you that the state of Texas is committed to bringing this killer to justice
- Dhaliwal sold his lucrative business to get into law enforcement
- Dhaliwal was shot dead by Robert Solis on September 28, 2019
- Robert Solis The Suspect, Who Has a Criminal History, Was Released Early From Prison. His criminal records list is very long.
- Robert Solis Fled to a Nearby Business after shooting Sandeep Dhaliwal but got caught there
- Robert Solis Ran Up to Dhaliwal and Shot Him From Behind
- Robert Solis had an active Parole Violation Warrant for Aggravated Assault w/Deadly Weapon dating back to January 2017