Riley Grisar Biography
Riley Grisar, the former leader of the University of Nevada Las Vegas chapter of Turning Point USA, and a woman named Lily Saxton were recorded shouting “white power” as well as spewing other racial epithets and threats. The undated video was recorded on Snapchat.
TPUSA, which is a tax-exempt non-profit, represents itself as “the most organized, active, and powerful conservative grassroots activist network on college campuses across the country.” Though according to federal documents, it’s listed as a non-partisan group.
These students were the victims of hate, abuse, chemical attacks, theft, racial slurs, violence, vehicular assault, targeting & death threats.
It happens every day.
You can try to ignore them.
We will keep telling their stories @TPUSA pic.twitter.com/WKRwKLL0PD
— Benny (@bennyjohnson) May 8, 2019
In the seconds-long video, Grisar is seen giving the white power sign – the appropriated universal sign to the word “okay,” now used as a symbol of white supremacy in that it shows the letters ‘w” and “p” for white power. Saxton, and another person who is off camera can be heard using racist language and expletives.
The white power hand gesture, originally a 4chan hoax, is now widely seen displayed. Australian white supremacist Brenton Tarrant flashed it in court after his arrest for allegedly murdering 50 Muslims in a mosque mass murder Christchurch, New Zealand.
This is the type of aggression our @TPUSA students receive regularly
Why is the left afraid of other ideas?
TODAY I just dropped another podcast episode where I break down why the left is so violent!
LISTEN —> https://t.co/gxnDlJhWM0
— Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) May 8, 2019
There are a myriad of examples of the previously innocuous gesture on display, from an alleged racist Chicago Cubs fan who was banned from Wrigley Field for using it to school students in the Midwest.
Grisar’s LinkedIn page has been removed but a screenshot remains.
He described himself as the vice president of resort operations for parts of Nevada, New Mexico and Mexico for Wyndham Destinations.
People who create terrorist white supremacist groups are just as evil as school shooters. #rileygrisar
— Erin O’Connor (@ErinOCo54002608) May 10, 2019
“I am a well-rounded hotel operations leader with more than 25 years of hospitality experience …”
There are some reports he’s no longer with the company. Heavy will confirm and update the story.
10 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Video posted on Thursday night shows former University of Las Vegas Turning Point USA president Riley Grisar flashing a white power sign
- ‘This is my f*****g dude we are going to run the country,’ the friend – identified as Concordia College Minnesota student Lily Saxton – shouts in the viral video
- Grisar responds flashing the white power sign and screams ‘White power!’
- ‘White power, f**k the n*****s,’ Saxton retorts as she hugs up with Grisar
- It was revealed that Grisar was pictured at a Build the Wall rally at the school flashing the same symbol
- Turning Point USA released a statement on Friday condemning the symbol and shared that Grisar has been ‘permanently removed’ from the organization
- But the symbol has even been flashed by Turning Point founder Charlie Kirk
- The University of Nevada, Las Vegas released a statement condemning the ‘abhorrent views’ displayed in the video
- Turning Point USA Responded Saying Grisar Was ‘Removed’ as His ‘Comments Were Abhorrent.’ Others Say It’s Because He Said ‘The Quiet Part’ Out Loud. The Group Claims Its Members Are Victims of ‘Hate’
- Grisar Led a UNLV ‘Build the Wall’ Rally May 1 & Claimed the Group Was Attacked by a Mob & Feared For It’s Safety
Trump-supporting group TURNING POINT USA chapter president was caught on tape promoting ‘white power’ ??and hurling racists slurs https://t.co/D0VC35QqJO #RileyGrisar #CharlieKirk #CandaceOwens #DonTrumpJr #wiunion #nhpolitics #mapoli
— Then they came for the judges (@RWwatchMA) May 10, 2019