Nikki Manning (Mother is arrested for child abuse) Wiki – Nikki Manning (Mother is arrested for child abuse) Biography
- 30-year-old Nikki Manning of Greenville, North Carolina, was arrested on November 10 following an investigation from the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office
- Manning was charged with one felony count of child abuse inflicting serious physical injury
- She has since been released after posting $75,000 bond
- On October 5, an investigation was launched after hospital staff alerted authorities that the 20-month-old child was missing toenails and fingernails
- The child – whose gender was not released – was also found to have meth and cocaine in their system
A North Carolina mother has been charged with child abuse after her toddler child was found with multiple fingernails and toenails missing in addition to having narcotics in their system.
The Pitt County Sheriff’s Office shared in a Wednesday press release that 30-year-old Nikki Manning of Greenville, North Carolina, was arrested on November 10 following their investigation.
Manning was charged with one felony count of child abuse inflicting serious physical injury. She has since been released after posting $75,000 bond, they shared in the release.
The sheriff’s office launched their investigation into the abuse on October 5 after getting reports of the alleged abuse from medical staff at a local hospital.
The 20-month-old child – whose gender was not shared in the statement – was taken to the Children’s Emergency Department at Vidant Medical Center.
Staff at the hospital alerted authorities about the child’s missing toenails and fingernails, noting that there were other injuries that the toddler suffered.
They also told the sheriff’s office that the child had narcotics in their system.
An arrest affidavit warrant obtained by WCTI showed that the toddler tested positive for methamphetamine and cocaine.