Nicholas Gibson Wiki
Nicholas Gibson is an Illinois sex offender arrested in New York on charges of murdering an elderly man in Florida, The New York Post reports.
Nicholas Gibson Arrested
Gibson was arrested on a New York subway Tuesday after Florida law enforcement notified police in New York that Gibson had fled to the state.
Miami Beach police said Gibson killed 77-year-old Eric Stocker last month, The Miami Herald reports. Police said Stocker was killed with “some type of sword.”
Nicholas Gibson Police statements
Police said Stocker was dead inside his apartment for at least 10 days before officers were called to investigate a smell coming from inside. Police said investigators found an “unusually gory scene.”
Police say Gibson had been Stocker’s caretaker.
Nicholas Gibson Rape allegations/wanted
Gibson was also wanted for failing to register as a sex offender after he was convicted of rape in Illinois.
— Sheldon Fox-7 News (@fox_sheldon) May 8, 2019
After his arrest, Gibson, 32, told police that he had murdered several other people in Florida, California, and Georgia going back to 1999, The Daily Mail reported. Police are investigating his claims.
Nicholas Gibson Work/Job Criteria
Gibson, who also worked at a Dunkin’ Donuts in Miami Beach, used one of the cards to buy a bus ticket to New York City, sources said.
Miami Beach police reportedly found ‘an unusually gory scene’ when they discovered Stocker’s corpse on April 30 after neighbors in his apartment block complained of a bad smell coming from his one-bed second floor home.
— BEN (@BENSRODD) May 8, 2019
Stocker had been hacked to death with a samurai sword. Police think the murder took place on April 17.
They said the killing probably went undetected for so long because most of the dwellings are vacation homes and only a handful are currently occupied.
Stocker had owned his home for 10 years.
‘I saw the old man regularly but the younger guy, maybe just once or twice. You couldn’t miss his tattoos,‘ said one neighbor. ‘I think they lived together but there are so few people here that nobody really knows one another.’
A maintenance worker who declined to be named added: ‘He was a friendly old man, he would go for walks. His home was pretty chaotic, he might have been a bit of a hoarder
‘The first they knew that anything wrong was the terrible smell. The management opened the door because they thought it was rats or something like that.
— Public News (@PublicNewsTV2) May 8, 2019
‘He was dead in there, the scene was very, very bad. They said he was stabbed with a samurai sword.’
Miami police announced Gibson was a person of interest in the murder and alerted NYPD to be on the lookout for him.
Police were able to track him down after he used Stocker’s credit cards at several places in Manhattan, authorities said.
Officers found a video of Gibson at Pronto Pizza, close to Rockefeller Center, where he used the card on May 3.
On May 4, Gibson used one of the stolen cards to buy a subway Metro Card in lower Manhattan.
On May 5, transit cops saw him get off the subway at the First Avenue ‘L’-line station and arrested him after he put up a brief fight.
Nicholas Gibson Charges
He was charged with resisting arrest and being a fugitive from another state.
Gibson was also wanted for violating probation after reportedly failing to register as a sex offender.
Gibson served seven years for rape in Illinois from 2000 to 2007 and was then sentenced for four-and-half years for rape in 2008 in Pennsylvania.
10 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Tattoo artist turned Dunkin’ Donuts staffer Gibson, 32 was caught by New York police on a subway on Sunday, May 5
- He was wanted for Stocker’s murder after Stocker’s body was found by neighbors on April 30
- Police believe Gibson who was working as a health aide for Stocker stole his credit cards after murdering him with a samurai sword
- Gibson has now confessed to a string of six other murders in Florida, California and Georgia, police sources tell DailyMail.com
- Gibson served seven years for rape in Illinois from 2000 to 2007 and was then sentenced for four-and-half years for rape in 2008 in Pennsylvania
- Brent Gibson Killed 77-Year-Old Eric Stocker With a Sword, Police Say
- Gibson Was Arrested in a Struggle With New York Police
- Gibson Claimed To Have Killed More People in 3 States After His Arrest
- Gibson Was Previously Convicted of Rape in Illinois
- Gibson Was a Tattoo Artist & Dunkin’ Donuts Employee