Nguyen Dinh Luong Bio
Nguyen Dinh Luong is identified as Victim of Killer Lorry. According to BBC relatives of Nguyen Dinh Luong have also said they fear he is among the 39 victims.
Nguyen Dinh Luong Age
He was 20 years old.
39 Dead Bodies Found in UK Truck
The 39 immigrants who died after being locked in a frozen container en route to the United Kingdom left ‘bloody handprints’ on the doors and walls of the ‘coffin’ where their bodies were found.
埃塞克斯卡车死亡案中，至少两人家庭已经向英国记者表明：死者可能是他们的亲人。这两人是26岁的范思达（女Pham Thi Tra My）和20岁的阮丁隆（Nguyen Dinh Luong）BBC供图。之前当地警方误以为死者是中国人。短评：考虑到偷渡者通常为同国籍同批，39名死者大概率是越南籍。 pic.twitter.com/0d1GVFSkYK
— Alarm ko (@alarm_ko) October 26, 2019
Sources have now claimed that migrants, six of whom were thought to be Vietnamese, were naked or had minimal clothing when they were found in the container on Wednesday in Purfleet, Essex.
The victims of the trailer were 31 men and eight women, and Essex police initially said they were all believed to be Chinese.
They were found in an industrial estate in Grays at 01:40 BST on Wednesday.
At a press conference on Friday night, Deputy Chief of Police Pippa Mills said the force was working with the National Crime Agency, the Ministry of Interior, the Office of Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, the Border Force and the Immigration Police.
He said he would not rely on more details about the nationalities of the victims until formal identification processes had been carried out.
“We gave an initial address on Thursday about nationality, however, this is a developing image,” he said.
Nguyen Dinh Luong, 20 ans, pourrait être parmi les victimes du camion. Son frère a raconté à la BBC que Dinh Luong avait quitté le Vietnam il y a un an et qu’il était en France. Le voici à l’extérieur du Sacré Coeur de #Paris. #Essex https://t.co/Mf6XszXVXp
— Alexander Seale (@AlexSeale) October 25, 2019
Roving Truck Root
- Sources say GPS data shows that he left Monaghan in the Republic of Ireland on October 15 before crossing to Northern Ireland and then returning south to Dublin.
- From Dublin, he crossed to Holyhead in Wales on the night of October 16.
- That night, he traveled to continental Europe from Dover to Calais in France
- Between October 17 and 22, he moved between several cities in Belgium and France, including Dunkirk, Bruges and Lille.
- On October 22, he made his final crossing from Zeebrugge to Purfleet
Quick facts you need to know
- Emergency teams said that bloody handprints were left in the container and that migrants had little
- Vietnamese Pham Thi Tra My, 26, had traveled to China and then to France in her attempt to enter the United Kingdom.
- Eight women and 31 men were discovered inside the container of the ‘metal coffin’ truck on Wednesday morning
- Family members of a 20-year-old man named Nguyen Dinh Luong fear he is one of the 39 victims who were found