Nakia Fenner Wiki – Bio
Nakia Fenner is a Chicago police commander who once accused the department of discrimination. She’s been embroiled in a series of controversies on the Chicago police force. She is the best known as the wife of fired Chicago police chief Eddie Johnson.
She is 43 years old.
Early Life and Career
Fenner is a lieutenant assigned to district 9 who was born in 1976. Her career with the Chicago Police Department started in 2002.
According to Fenner’s LinkedIn page, she used to work as a Cook County Sheriff’s deputy from 2000 to 2002.
According to her LinkedIn page, she has a master’s degree in public administration from Illinois Institute of Technology. She also has a bachelor’s degree in sociology and political science.
A public employee salary database says that Fenner earned $155,283 in 2017 as a Lieutenant for the City of Chicago Department Of Police.
Petty Officer Nakia Fenner married to her husband ired Chicago police chief Eddie Johnson in 2017.
The Chicago police spokesman then confirmed to The Chicago Tribune that Johnson and Lt. Nakia Fenner were married on September 30, 2017. The article calls her his “sweetheart” and a “junior officer.”
Johnson had received his new kidney from his son, Daniel Johnson, 30, that August, The Tribune reports. According to Patch, Johnson “battled a potentially life-threatening kidney inflammation” for years.
The Sun-Times reported that the woman allegedly drinking with Johnson told investigators they both “have troubled marriages and that they frequently talk to each
Chicago police chief Eddie Johnson Fired from Service
Chicago police chief Eddie Johnson was dramatically fired on Monday less than a month before he was due to retire for allegedly lying about falling asleep in his car after ‘a few drinks’ last month.
At a press conference, the city’s new mayor Lori Lightfoot spoke furiously as she accused Johnson of deliberately ‘misleading’ her, the city and the police department when he claimed in October.
Johnson, a 31-year veteran of the force, was found asleep behind the wheel of his car on October 17 at 12.30am after a member of the public called 911.
He later blamed his drowsiness on a mix-up with medication he was taking and said he had had a ‘few’ drinks at dinner. Johnson subsequently announced he would be retiring in December.
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Lori Lightfoot fired Eddie Johnson on Monday for lying about the incident
- On October 17, he was found sleeping around 12:30 at the wheel of his car.
- He told the police that he went home after dinner and stopped because he felt tired after not taking his medication properly.
- Later he told the mayor that he had “drunk” at dinner that evening.
- Lightfoot now says it was a lie, but she will not tell where she was or what she did.
- All he said on Monday was that surveillance pictures showed Johnson was deliberately misleading.
- Johnson and his wife, Petty Officer Nakia Fenner, 43, got married in 2017
- Johnson has been in action since 1988 and has served as chief executive since 2012
- It is not clear how the decision of the mayor affects his pension