Melissa Rycroft Biography
Melissa Rycroft, best-known for her appearance on season 13 of The Bachelor, has mysteriously fallen ill since her return from a vacation in the Dominican Republic – in the same week an eighth US citizen suddenly died during a visit to the Caribbean country
— Miz Val (@vrb1955) June 19, 2019
Melissa Rycroft Illness
Rycroft revealed her battle with the strange and unidentified bug on Instagram in a serious of posts, saying she is undergoing treatment to combat her mysteriously low blood pressure, high-fever and extreme stomach cramping.
The TV personality’s symptoms are similar to those exhibited by dozens of other American citizens who have either fallen ill or suddenly died while visiting the Dominican Republic over the past year.
What Happened to Melissa Rycroft
Despite the severity of her symptoms, Rycroft seems resolute and positive about the ordeal, telling her followers she hopes to have more answers when her blood test results come back on Thursday.
Melissa Rycroft Instagram
‘Update for everyone,’ she said in an Instagram story on Tuesday. ‘More bloodwork done today. Bloody pressure was 90/60 so they’re monitoring it.
Reality TV star Melissa Rycroft latest to fall ill in Dominican Republic:
Officials are scrambling to figure out why so many tourists are falling ill while vacationing in the Dominican Republic.@NYDailyNews
-Still more bad ju-ju in the Dominican Republic. This is getting worse pic.twitter.com/Gqkzy0PJ8i
— Jeff Rabinowitz (@rxjef77) June 19, 2019
‘But!! New meds are making me feel so much better!!!’ Rycroft added. ‘This is good progress.’
One of the star’s representatives told Page Six that she’s had ‘major’ stomach issues since returning from the country.
‘She got an upset stomach on the second day of vacation, but it passed. Once they came home, she got severe cramping,’ the rep said. ‘It has lasted for over a week, and she’s currently getting tested for possible parasites and any other infections. She’s assuming it’s something foodborne, but no one else in her family is ill.’
She had been staying at the five-star Nickelodeon Resort in Punta Cana with her family – costing around $1,100 per-night – when she was suddenly struck down by the illness.
Melissa Rycroft Treatments
Doctors recently switched her to a liquids-only diet in a bid to combat her extreme bouts of vomiting.
‘After a really rough week, I have been put on a liquid diet, and given meds for my severe cramping,’ Rycroft said in an Instagram post on Friday.
‘Fingers crossed this goes away in 3 days – doc says next step is a Parasite test if it doesn’t.’
Fast Fact You Need to Know
- Melissa Rycroft, best-known for her appearance on season 13 of The Bachelor, has mysteriously fallen ill after a vacation in the Dominican Republic
- Rycroft revealed her battle with the unidentified bug on Instagram in a series of posts, saying she is undergoing treatment to combat her symptoms
- She’s said to be suffering from mysteriously low blood pressure, high-fever and extreme stomach cramping – similar to other tourists who’ve visited
- Despite the severity of her symptoms, Rycroft seems resolute and positive about the ordeal, telling her followers she hopes to have more answers this week
- Her complaints come after an eighth US tourist, Joseph Allen, died in mysterious circumstances while vacationing in the Dominican Republic on June 13