McKenna Newell Biography
McKenna Newell is from West Valley the Utah United States. She was caught on nanny cam kicking, hitting and covering the mouths and noses of five-month-old twins.
Newell wasn’t in custody at the time of the hearing and she was ordered to report to the Salt Lake County Jail by October 11 to commence her sentence.
McKenna Newell Age
She is 21 years old.
McKenna Newell Sentenced
McKenna Newell will be in jail for 30 days and await 36 months’ probation after pleading guilty to a reduced allegation of child abuse, a court earlier this month.
According to court records, Newell is seen in the video by placing a blanket over one of the twins’ faces to suppress his screams. Pick up the baby and shake it before putting it back in a crib.
Moments later, he takes out the baby, hugs him until he stops crying, and then lets her lie on the floor next to his sister.
When the girl starts to cry again, Newell pokes her in the ribs and knocks her to her feet before inflicting the same vile attack on the other girl.
Arrest and Charges of McKenna Newell
The arrest warrant was issued for the first time on January 5, after the children’s father saw pictures of Newell attacking his two daughters in a nursery that he had set up in his home.
After submitting to the authorities, Newell told investigators that she was “frustrated and did not know what to do,” and admitted that she was the babysitter in the video, but was ashamed and did not remember to have committed the violence.
Soon after her arrest, Newell was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and “actively participated in the treatment, communicating honestly, taking notes, and completing the task assigned to her,” the counselors said.
He was initially charged with child maltreatment but saw one of the charges dropped under an agreement with the prosecutor.
Quick facts you need to know
- McKenna Newell, 21, of West Valley City, will spend 30 days in jail awaiting 36 months’ probation after pleading guilty to a reduced child abuse charge
- As part of your sentence, you must also pay a fine of $ 5,000, do 500 hours of community service, and attend anger management courses.
- Newell is featured in the video, which lays a blanket over the face of one of the twins to suppress their cries. She shakes the baby before replacing it
- When the boy starts to cry again, Newell pokes her in the ribs and knocks her to his feet before inflicting the same vile attack on the other girl.
- After surrendering to the authorities, Newell told the investigators that she was “frustrated and did not know what to do” and did not remember attacking the girls.
- Soon after her arrest, Newell was diagnosed with PTSD and “actively participated in the treatment,” the counselors said.