Martin Pereira Wiki
Martin Pereira is the New York man accused of locking his three-year-old daughter into a car and then setting it on fire. The little girl, Zoey, was burned to death inside of his 2008 Audi on the night of Sunday, May 5. A passerby alerted police to the car, which was parked at 155th Street and Baisley Boulevard in Queens, New York. The New York Post reports that the car had been doused in gasoline and that there was a propane tank in the back seat, feeding more fuel to the fire. Pereira, 39, has been taken into custody and is being treated as the “prime suspect” in Zoey’s murder, although he has not been charged yet.
Pereira’s ex, Cherone Coleman, says she and Martin were locked in a bitter custody dispute and that he hurt their daughter as a way of hurting her.
Cherone Coleman says her ex and daughter’s father, Martin Pereira, texted her, “you’re never going to see your daughter again.”https://t.co/fOC4YCZHiv
— BET News (@BETNews) May 7, 2019
— Joyeta E.Anderson (@joyeta_e) May 7, 2019
Martin Pereira Facebook
Martin Pereira’s Facebook page is full of pictures of himself with his daughter. The photos show Martin and Zoey clowning around, making silly faces and mugging for the camera. Pereira also has a lot of photos of himself with his ex, Cherone Coleman. Coleman fought hard to prevent Pereira from getting visitation rights and now says she wishes she’d defied the court order to allow him to take Zoey for the weekend.
10 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Pereira Called His Ex & Said ‘You’re Never Going to See Your Daughter Again’
- Pereira Took Zoey to Get Her Hair Done Hours Before Her Death in His Burning Car
- Pereira Claimed His Ex Was a Drug Dealer Who Was Abusing Their Daughter
- Pereira Went to High School in Guyana & Worked in Construction in NYC
- Zoey Pereira was found inside a burning car Queens, New York, on Sunday night
- The three-year-old’s mother Cherone Coleman spoke out hours later on Monday
- She accused Martin Pereira of threatening her daughter before the girl was killed
- The couple were embroiled in a bitter custody battle over Zoey
- A judge gave Pereira permission to watch his daughter over the weekend
- The father was found near the scene of the homicide and taken into custody
Sunday night Martin Pereira murdered 3-year-old daughter by tying her into the back seat of his car and setting it on fire. New Yorkers can only legally kill their kids up to 9 months , so he may face charges. pic.twitter.com/DFlas1ixEH
— William Benson Huber (@NYCWBH) May 7, 2019