Mac Miller Died of Accidental Overdose Fentanyl
Mac Miller Died of Accidental Overdose Fentanyl ” Mac Miller, the popular Pittsburgh rapper who died in September at 26, suffered an accidental fatal overdose of fentanyl, cocaine, and alcohol, according to a toxicology report released by the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner on Monday. The cause of death was listed as “mixed drug toxicity.”
The involvement of fentanyl — a synthetic opiate estimated to be over 50 times more powerful than heroin — puts Miller in the company of other musicians like Prince, Tom Petty, and Lil Peep, all of whom died from an accidental overdose involving the drug in recent years. A major component in the growing opiate crisis across the United States, fentanyl is often mixed into black-market supplies of cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, and benzodiazepines.
The Centers for Disease Control estimated this summer that drug overdoses killed about 72,000 Americans last year, a record number and increase of about 10 percent from the year prior.
Miller, born Malcolm James McCormick, had just released his fifth full-length album, “Swimming,” near the time of his death. The album opened at No. 3 on the Billboard chart, where Miller had become a low-key fixture after years of online growth with mixtapes and independent releases. “Blue Slide Park,” his first LP, topped the charts in 2011, becoming the first independently released album to do so in 16 years and setting him on a path to stardom.
Read More About :-