Lilliana Schalck Wiki
Lilliana Schalck died because of an underlying strep infection, an autopsy conducted on the 13-year-old Kentucky cheerleader has revealed. Her cause of death was released in a coroner’s report on April 26 made public by her family. Schalk died suddenly after falling ill at a cheerleading competition in Columbus, Ohio, on February 13.
Lilliana Schalck Biography/Health Issues
Lilliana Schalck, an eighth-grader at Highlands center faculty, was acting at a cheer opposition in Columbus, Ohio when she told her teammates she felt unwell and weak. An ambulance drove her to the clinic, in which she died within two hours.
A group A Beta-hemolytic Streptococcus contamination killed Lilliana, consistent with a newly-launched file from the Franklin County Coroner’s office. family contributors said they were blind to the infection.
“apparently, underlying Strep contamination overwhelmed her immune device with a very little caution, and catastrophic results,” Lilliana’s family stated in a written announcement Friday. “We knew this [coroner’s] file become coming and definitely have blended feelings approximately it. On the one hand it adjustments not anything for us. however, however, we would not wish this nightmare on absolutely everyone and perhaps this file might assist prevent a similar outcome for a person else. Lilliana could actually help if she may want to, and that is simply an extension of that spirit.”
The circle of relatives said they’re nonetheless in shock over what took place.
“we’re for all time heartbroken and appreciate the honor we had been given to date, and ask that to preserve as we consciousness on her lifestyles and legacy, as well as our life without her — however unwelcome it is,” they said.
The own family also stated they desired to thank the various human beings who have supplied love and support seeing that Lilliana’s demise.
“we’re so grateful, and actually beaten, with the aid of those who have reached out and continue to discover new methods to help Lilliana’s reminiscence on an almost day by day foundation,” they said.
10 Fact You Need to Know
- Kentucky middle school student Lilliana Schalck, 13, fell ill and died on February 23
- A Strep infection was responsible for the death of a 13-year-old girl who suddenly fell ill at a cheerleading competition in February, according to a coroner’s report.
- Lilliana Had Last Been Diagnosed With Strep About 6 Years Ago, but the Infection Led to Sepsis in February, Which Was Fatal
- The gifted cheerleader complained of tingling feet and numbness in her hands just two hours before she passed away
- A coroner’s report has now revealed that she died from a strep infection
- Her devastated family are speaking publicly about the cause of death in the hopes that it will prevent similar outcomes for others
- Lilliana Schalck, an eighth-grader at Highlands Middle School, was performing at a cheer competition in Columbu
- Lilliana Schalck family said they’re still in shock over what happened.
- The family also said they wanted to thank the many people who have offered love and support since Lilliana’s death.
- the infection from strep got into her blood and caused severe sepsis and death,” Dr. Andrew Bernstein told Health.com.