Landen Hoffman Wiki
Landen Hoffman is the boy who was thrown from the third floor of Mall of America by Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda and suffered life-threatening injuries on 12th April 2019.
Landen Hoffman Age
Landen is five years old.
Landen Hoffman Parents
Landen parents names are unknown as they have requested privacy. His mother was, however, the one with Landen in the mall when he got thrown off the balcony.
Landen Hoffman Mall of America
The condition of a 5-year-old boy, who was senselessly thrown from the third floor of Mall of America by a man who was “looking to kill someone,” has improved from critical condition to alert and conscious, a family attorney said on Friday.
The child, identified as Landen by his family, has been in critical condition in a Minnesota hospital since the heinous attack on April 12.
“All praise, glory and honor to Jesus!” family attorney R. Stephen Tillitt read from a statement written the family of the seriously injured child. “We are so elated to let you know that our son is now alert and conscious and is no longer in critical condition!”
The news was delivered on a conference call with reporters on Friday — two weeks after the little boy was tossed over the railing, allegedly by Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda.
Aranda, 24, was charged with first-degree premeditated attempt to commit murder in Hennepin County. According to a probable cause document, Aranda told investigators he was “looking for someone to kill, but it did not ‘work out.'”
Landen Hoffman Update/ Landen Hoffman Condition
According to the GoFundMe page established for him, he is still recovering buy the healing process will take time;
The 5-year-old boy who was injured after being thrown from a mall balcony in Minnesota is doing better.
Landen Hoffman is reportedly making “small steps toward the healing process.” pic.twitter.com/gp5fBt1Omq
— david west (@DavidDwest450) April 19, 2019
“The power of prayer is simply amazing. We all have been extremely humbled by the outpouring of support and prayers from everyone one. Thank you for showing us there is so much good not only in our community but across the globe. Condition is again similar to previous days, another peaceful night of sleep – small steps towards the healing process. Each new day is a good day. Landen’s recovery is expected to be ongoing for a long time, while it’s hard to estimate costs, this will change everything for their family and require much of their time and focus.”
Help For Landen – Mall Of America Attack Victim
Young man’s name is Landen Hoffman.https://t.co/t45fvTDIoL
— The Taxi Stand Hour (@TaxiStandHour) April 19, 2019
The page also clarified that the photo circulating online of a mother in a surgical mask next to a boy in a hospital bed is neither a picture of Landen nor her mother. They also made it clear that no photos will be released during the recovery process.
“There is also a photo circulating around of a mother in a surgical mask next to a boy in a hospital bed. This is not a picture of Landen or his mother. We will not be releasing any photos during the recovery process. The family is still seeking as much privacy as possible – please be respectful of their wishes as they travel a road none of us would ever want to have to walk. Please continue to pray for Landen and God bless.”
Landen Hoffman Condition/Health Updates
According to KSMP, Landen is no longer in a critical condition but will require further surgery. Earlier this week it was announced that the boy did not suffer brain damage, which was initially feared due to the severity of the attack. Family spokesman Stephen Tillitt credited the Hoffman’ family’s faith for Landen’s miraculous recovery from the horrific plunge, saying: ‘All praise and glory and honor to Jesus.’
— Steve Link (@Super__Link) April 19, 2019
10 Facts You Need to Know
- Attorney Steve Tillitt shared an update from Landen Hoffmann’s family Tuesday
- ‘Our son remains in intensive care, under sedation and under close monitoring as we stay patient to allow him to heal,’ it said
- Tillitt did not comment on claims from a pastor at the Hoffmanns’ church who on Sunday said the boy did not show any signs of brain damage
- The attorney urged the public to respect the family’s privacy as Landen recovers
- A GoFundMe campaign has raised more than $976,000 as of midday Wednesday
- Landen is no longer in a critical condition but will require further surgery
- Aranda reportedly threw the boy off the third-floor balcony after he became enraged, telling police that women had been rejecting his advances at the mall for years.
- Dr. Navjot Sobti has been monitoring the Landen’s progress and reviewed the family medical update.
- Once Landen is out of the ICU, it will be important to monitor for things like seizures, his ability to communicate, walk, and engage in normal learning tasks
- Aranda, 24, was charged with first-degree premeditated attempt to commit murder in Hennepin County