Kiersten Symone Smith Wiki – Kiersten Symone Smith Bio
Kiersten Symone Smith as the woman who was killed when a crane fell on a Dallas apartment building Sunday amid severe thunderstorms that also uprooted mature trees and left thousands without power across the city.
Smith was pronounced dead at a hospital, according to the Dallas County Medical Examiners’ office, after the construction crane smashed into a five-story building near downtown destroying peoples’ apartments and reducing parts of an adjacent parking garage to a pile of concrete and mangled cars.
Woman killed in Dallas crane collapse during storm ID’d as Kiersten Symone Smith, 29 https://t.co/xdahqEl3V7
— Crwe World (@CrweWorld) June 10, 2019
The cause of Smith’s death has not been determined. Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans could not provide an update on the condition of the five people injured in the collapse.
Kiersten Symone Smith Age
She was 29 Years Old.
Deadly Dallas Crane Collapse
The Dallas County Medical Examiners’ office said Kiersten Symone Smith was pronounced dead at a hospital Sunday after the crane smashed into the Elan City Lights apartment building.
Her cause of death has not been determined.
Crews searching the Elan City Lights apartment building found Smith’s body inside after the crane ripped a large gash into the side of the five-story structure, Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said.
‘The building itself has suffered multiple collapses in different areas of the building to include residential spaces and the parking garage,’ Evans said.
Authorities have identified 29-year-old Kiersten Symone Smith as the woman who was killed when a crane fell on a Dallas apartment building Sunday. https://t.co/Kma68svWiV
— WTHR.com (@WTHRcom) June 10, 2019
Of those injured, two were listed in critical condition, two suffered serious injuries and one suffered minor injuries and was later discharged from a hospital, Evans said.
First responders searched every apartment they could reach and found no other victims, Evans said.
He also said that every resident of an apartment damaged by the crane was either out at the time or was among those taken to hospitals.
The crane fell around 2 p.m. as storms ripped across parts of Oklahoma and Texas, bringing high winds, heavy rain and hail that flooded streets and caused power outages. Wind gusts up to 71 mph (114 kph) were measured at Dallas Love Field airport, said National Weather Service meteorologist Patricia Sanchez.
CONTINUING COVERAGE: Authorities have identified Kiersten Symone Smith, 29, as the woman who was killed after a crane fell on a Dallas apartment building amid severe thunderstorms. https://t.co/yu5678vKKe
— KALB News Channel 5 (@KALBtv5) June 10, 2019
A spokesman for the federal agency confirmed it’s investigating the crane’s collapse but declined to provide further comment.
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Kiersten Symone Smith was pronounced dead at a hospital Sunday afternoon
- The 29-year-old was killed after crane smashed into Elan City Lights apartments
- Authorities said five other people were also injured, two critically, in the incident
- Jay Bosquez was critically injured in his apartment after the crane collapsed
- His wife, Yesenia, said he was holding their dog while medics worked on injuries
- Yesenia said her husband has broken bones in his neck and is still in the ICU
- Video shows the crane collapsing onto the Elan City Lights complex in Dallas
- Strong wind gusts up to 70mph were reported in the Dallas-Fort Worth region
- It’s unclear why crane fell, but there’s a ‘strong possibility’ that the winds ‘played some role in the collapse’, officials said on Sunday