Kelly Renee Gant Bio, wiki
Kelly Renee Turner is the best known as Kelly Renee Gant, was indicted Monday on 13 counts, including first-degree murder, child abuse, and charitable fraud in connection with the death of her daughter, Olivia Gant.
After a yearlong investigation by the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and several other agencies, an 18th Judicial District grand jury returned a 13-count indictment against 41-year-old Kelly Renee Turner for the death of her daughter, Olivia Gant.
— KAMR Local 4 News (@KAMRLocal4News) October 22, 2019
Kelly Renee Gant Age
She is 41 years old.
Kelly Renee Gant Arrested
Kelly Gant, 41, was arrested on Friday, October 18, for the 2017 death of her daughter Olivia Gant, who she claimed was diagnosed with a rare and fatal disease, suffered from seizures, autism, severe allergies, and intestinal failure.
Olivia Gant Indictment
Kelly Renee Turner, also known as Kelly Gant, was charged with 13 criminal counts that included child abuse, theft and charitable fraud in the death of Olivia Gant in 2017. https://t.co/HtxyWraLkX
— WPEC CBS12 News (@CBS12) October 22, 2019
An indictment filed Thursday claims that at least five of Olivia’s doctors did not believe that her medical problems were terminal, while some even doubted her initial diagnoses.
The indictment claims that Gant, also known as Kelly Renee Turner, withdrew all of Olivia’s medical care, arguing that the humane thing to do was to stop care and allow her daughter to die because her quality of life was so poor.
Olivia died a few weeks later in August 2017 and her cause of death was determined to be an intestinal failure.
The indictment alleges Kelly Renee Turner caused Olivia Gant’s 2017 death, not the multiple illnesses that the mother claimed the girl had and that prompted publicized ride-alongs with police and fire crews. https://t.co/Ddb9CJ5fkN
— The Detroit News (@detroitnews) October 22, 2019
But according to the indictment obtained by 9Wants to Know, her body was exhumed in November 2018 and a forensic pathologist found no evidence of intestinal failure or ‘many of the conditions’ that Gant claimed Olivia had been diagnosed with.
News of Olivia’s illness gained the sympathy of multiple charity organizations and fundraising platforms, including a GoFundMe page which raised $22,000, a bake sale that was held for her and night for the Gant Girls at Chick-Fil-A.
Olivia Gant Wishes
Olivia was the ‘Bat Princess’ for a day, a Denver cop and spent the day as a firefighter as one of her final wishes.
Kelly Renee Gant Charges
Kelly Turner was charged with murder, child abuse and charitable fraud related to the death of Olivia Gant. In addition to the murder, Gant has been accused of defrauding the Medicaid system for more than $ 538,000 and cheating the Make-a-Wish Foundation and several other charities that helped Olivia fulfill her dreams in the last months of her life.
— Kevin Vaughan (@writerkev) October 21, 2019
Gant is being held without bail and is scheduled to appear in court on November 1.
Quick facts you need to know
- Kelly Gant, 41, was arrested for the death in 2017 of her daughter Olivia, 7.
- Olivia’s body was exhumed in 2018 after police suspected her death when Gant claimed that another daughter had cancer.
- Gant said Olivia was suffering from multiple diseases, some terminal, and withdrew her medical attention before her death.
- A formal accusation claimed that Gant argued that the most human thing was to stop caring and allow his daughter to die because her quality of life was so poor.
- But several of Olivia’s doctors did not believe their medical problems were terminal and doubted their diagnoses.
- Gant is accused of persuading a doctor to initiate a ‘Do not resuscitate’ order
- At that time, the cause of Olivia’s death was determined as intestinal failure, but her body was exhumed and a forensic pathologist found no evidence of it.
- There was also no evidence of any other illness that he allegedly had
- Gant has been accused of defrauding the Medicaid system for more than $ 538,000 and cheating the Make-a-Wish Foundation and several charities
- Gant is charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one charge of child abuse for diagnosing another daughter’s cancer
- Gant denied acting badly during the interrogation but mentioned the psychological disorder of Munchausen syndrome by proxy.