Who is Kayla Thomas? (Mom & boyfriend sexually abusing toddler before his murder) Bio, Wiki
On Thursday, a trial date was set for Kayla Thomas who, along with her boyfriend, allegedly sexually abused her 2-year-old son before his murder in January 2019.
WDBJ reports that Kayla Thomas’ three-day trial is scheduled to begin on January 20, 2021. Thomas, 26, is not charged with Steven Meek II’s murder, but she is accused of using her son to create child pornography.
Meek was found to have died of head injury in January 2019. Thomas’ boyfriend McKenzie Hellman called the Christiansburg police, claiming that Meek had fallen and was unresponsive. But forensic nurses found evidence suggesting that Thomas and Hellman sexually abused the toddler, according to the WSET.
Police reportedly located a second child in the home who was also being sexually abused. Thomas was pregnant at the time of Meek’s death.
Thomas is facing the following charges in regards to her deceased son:
- Committing forcible sodomy by engaging in fellatio against the victim’s will by force, threat or intimidation
- Inanimate object penetration of a person younger than 13 years of age
- Production of child pornography involving a child younger than 15 years of age
- Possession and distribution of child pornography
- Being a parent or guardian, commit a willful act so gross and wanton as to show a reckless disregard for human life — child neglect
Hellman is charged with felony murder in addition to child abuse or neglect, producing and reproducing child pornography as an accessory, object sexual penetration as an accessory, and possession of child pornography. His trial is scheduled to begin on October 5, 2020.