Jackson Weller Wiki
Jackson Weller is the 23-year-old University of New Mexico baseball player who was found dead in the early hours of Saturday morning after a shoot-out in a nightclub. Police found Weller’s body outside the Imbibe Nightclub in Albuquerque’s Nob Hill at 2:15 AM on Saturday. Authorities say that so far, they don’t have any leads in the case. A spokesperson for the University of New Mexico described Weller as a “very special young man” and said the university community is mourning what she called his senseless death.
Jackson Weller Cause of Death
is dead after a shooting outside Imbibe Nightclub in Nob Hill early Saturday morning. Officers responded at 2:15 a.m. to the incident and found a man dead, spokesman Tanner Tixier told the Journal. There are no suspects at this time.
Still can’t believe this is real. Thank you for being a great friend and even a better person. You were always there for me and anyone else who needed it. I’ll cherish our memories that we had whether it was baseball, bowling, or video games. You’ll be missed. RIP Jackson Weller pic.twitter.com/xPmLExpeO2
— Trey Dillard (@trey_dillard7) May 5, 2019
Weller’s death comes in a year that has seen over 100 shootings in Bernalillo County within the first four months of 2019. On April 29, the Albuquerque Journal reported that 114 people had been shot in 112 days, according to data provided by the District Attorney’s Office.
10 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- He Grew Up in Keller, Texas & Played Baseball in High School
- Weller attended Nolan Catholic School in Fort Worth, Texas. He played Varsity baseballfor the school, graduating in 2014.
- He Was Off the Roster Because of an Injury, but Was Hoping to Play Again in the Fall
- According to the school’s athletics spokesman, Daniel Gallegos, an injury had prevented Weller from playing
- His Social Media Was Full of Inspirational Quotes & Positive Messages
- Weller also urged his fellow athletes not to become overly competitive “monsters” but to play the game hard
- He Was a Right Handed Pitcher Who Played for Gateway Community College Before Transferring to the University of New Mexico
- Police said they didn’t have any suspect yet in Weller’s death but were continuing to investigate.
- His Team Postponed Their Upcoming Games Following His Death
- police found the dead body of Lobos player Jackson Weller outside of the Imbibe Nightclub in Albuquerque’s Nob Hill neighborhood
We send our #condolences to the family and friends of Jackson Weller. God Bless.
— NM Department of Military Affairs (@NM_DMA) May 5, 2019
Deepest condolences to the family and loved ones of Jackson Weller, @UNMLoboBaseball, @UNMLOBOS and the entire Lobo community. Our whole State is mourning this senseless tragedy. We are sending you love, good thoughts and support.
— New Mexico Bowl (@NMBowl) May 5, 2019
— Luis Gonzalez (@Luis5Gonzalez) May 5, 2019