Imsath Ahmed Ibrahim Wiki
Ilham Ahmed Ibrahim and his brother Imsath Ahmed Ibrahim were previously identified as two of the suicide bombers in Sunday’s attacks, which left at least 359 people dead across the country.
Police have confirmed that they are holding the brothers’ father, Mohamed Yusuf Ibrahim, a wealthy spice trader, on suspicion of aiding and abetting his sons.
Police spokesman Ruwan Gunasekera said the elder Ibrahim was is in custody, as are all other members of the Ibrahim family police are aware of in the country.
10 Facts You Need to Know
- Wealthy brothers Inshaf and Ilham Ibrahim bombed the luxury Shangri-La and Cinnamon Grand hotels in Sri Lanka’s Easter Sunday terror attack
- Suicide bomber brothers were the sons of a millionaire spice trader and were privately educated in Colombo
- Their attacks claimed the lives of at least 41 foreigners, including eight British holidaymakers – three of whom were children
- As police raided their £1m mansion in an exclusive neighborhood of Colombo, Ilham’s pregnant wife Fatima blew herself up, killing her three children and three officers
- Inshaf, a successful businessman, owned a copper factory thought to be where the suicide bombs were made
- At least 321 people were murdered in the massacre, 45 of them children, while more than 500 were injured
- Chilling footage shows Ilham and an accomplice bomber attack the Shangri-La while guests had breakfast
- Second clip earlier showed different bomber patting a girl on the head before launching an attack on a church
- ISIS has claimed responsibility and released footage of the fighters swearing allegiance to the jihadist group