Gwen Acorah Biography
Gwen Acorah is the best known as the wife of Derek Acorah. She is a producer, known for The PAST Hunters (2014) and Most Haunted (2002). She was the wife to Derek Acorah, an English self-styled spiritual medium best known for his television work on Most Haunted, broadcast on Living TV (2002–2010). Acorah died suddenly after a short illness on 4th January 2020.
- Derek’s wife, Gwen Acorah Johnson, shared the news on Facebook this morning.
- She wrote today on her official page: ‘Goodbye, my love! I will always miss you!’
- The self-styled spiritual medium that starred in Celebrity Big Brother died last night
- Gwen said the couple sent Acorah a torrent of messages as they “wanted their status.”
- She revealed that her “very brief illness” was pneumonia that led to a sepsis infection.
Gwen Acorah Married
Prior to their marriage, Acorah was married to Rachel Walker from 1984 to 1990.
Gwen Acorah Children
The couple had two children.
Who is Derek Acorah? His Death and Cause of Death
Derek Acorah Born in Bootle, Merseyside, in 1950, Acorah featured in regular segments on 1996 TV show The Psychic Zone before becoming a contributor on spin-off show Psychic Livetime.
I originally had aspirations to be a footballer and was in the Liverpool FC books, but I didn’t play.
In 2001, Acorah joined Most Haunted when he launched and worked on the program for six series.
He was criticized in an episode in 2005 when he appeared to be possessed by a spirit in Bodmin Gaol in Cornwall.
The program’s resident parapsychologist, Dr. Ciaran O’Keeffe, said he had created Acorah by having other crew members give him false information about spirits in various places.
Dr. O’Keeffe invented a long-dead South African jailer named Kreed Kafer, an anagram of Derek Faker, and said he was stunned when the television medium ‘was possessed by my fictional character’ in Bodmin jail.
The most haunted star, Derek Acorah, died of sepsis and jealous psychics of his fame controlled him on his deathbed, his wife said.