George Possas Biography, George Possas Wiki
George Possas died earlier this week while being treated for coronavirus infection at Huntington Hospital in Suffolk County, New York.
One of his daughters was also infected by the virus and is currently in the ICU of the same hospital. Two other family members have also been confirmed cases.
George Possas Age
He was 93 years old
George Possas Family, Children
George Possas is survived by four children and nine grandchildren – none of whom were able to see him when he passed since they are in quarantine
The family members were not only unable to say goodbye to Possas, but they are now unable to see each other due to the three confirmed cases of coronavirus.
‘Even while planning a funeral, we’re not even allowed to leave,’ Bocchicchio said.
Possas is the son of Greek immigrants who grew up in Queens, New York, during the Great Depression.
At age 17, he enlisted in the military and fought in several islands in the South Pacific.
Possas was deployed on a ship that was headed for the Japanese mainland for an invasion before the Americans dropped two atomic bombs, bringing the war to an end.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Friday ordered all workers in nonessential businesses to stay home and banning gatherings statewide.
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- George Possas, 93, passed away earlier this week at a Long Island hospital
- Possas was being treated at Huntington Hospital for coronavirus infection
- He died alone because two of his daughters and a son-in-law also tested positive
- The family was forced into quarantine and was unable to bid farewell to Possas
- Possas enlisted in the military at 17 and fought in Pacific during World War Two
- He is survived by four children and nine grandchildren
- New York State has seen a surge in coronavirus cases on Friday