Elizabeth Moulton Wiki
Massachusetts representative Seth Moulton has joined the crowded race for the Democratic presidential nomination. The 40 year old Marine Corps veteran made the announcement in an appearance on Good Morning America on Monday morning. Moulton said he was running for president because he wanted to take an active role in serving his country — and, he said, because he wanted to “take on” Donald Trump.
“I am running because I am a patriot, because I believe in this country and because I have never wanted to sit on the sidelines when it comes to serving it,” Moulton said. “That is why I joined that Marines, it is why I ran for Congress to try to prevent what I saw got us into Iraq from happening again, and it is why I am running to take on the most divisive president in American history to bring this country back together.”
Moulton went to work for the Coalition of Essential Schools after receiving a fellowship. The coalition is intended to provide coaching and teaching to meet the individual needs of different students and school groups. The coalition’s vision statement reads,
“We envision an educational system that equips all students with the intellectual, emotional, and social habits and skills to become powerful and informed citizens who contribute actively toward a democratic and equitable society. Acknowledging that no two schools are or should be alike, we envision schools that necessarily differ from each other in size, scope, and programmatic emphasis while that sharing common principles, practices, and the hallmarks of powerful learning communities within and among each other. Finally, we envision that these schools positively influence the conditions in which all schools operate, serving as examples of and advocates for education policy that supports meaningful teaching and learning that allows all students to use their minds well in school and throughout their lives.”
10 Facts You Need to know about Elizabeth Moulton
- She Is a Consultant & Recruiter with a Boston-based Sports Business Firm
- She & Seth Have a Six-Month-Old Daughter Named Emily
- Moulton began her career as a teaching fellow and a coach with the Coalition of Essential Schools
- She Has a Master’s Degree in Leadership from Harvard University
- she won the Harvard University Leadership in Education Award and Scholarship.
- She Did a Stint as a Teacher Before Going into the Private Sector
- Moulton went to work for the Coalition of Essential Schools after receiving a fellowship
- She Grew Up in Rye, NY, a Well-Heeled Suburb of NYC
- Moulton attended Rye High School, a public school in Rye, New York