Eduardo Arevalo Biography
Eduardo Arevalo is a Texas teen who allegedly killed his unwed pregnant sister because she was an ’embarrassment to their family’ and then made her disappearance look like a suicide.
Eduardo Arevalo Sister Viridiana Arevalo
Viridiana Arevalo eight months pregnant when she was reported missing in The Colony on December 17 by her boyfriend. Her family discovered a note in which she said she wanted to kill herself.
Eduardo Arevalo Age
He is 19 years old.
Eduardo Arevalo Mother
The mother-to-be’s brother, 19-year-old Eduardo Arevalo, was arrested and charged with capital murder after her body was discovered in an alley on Sunday.
Eduardo Arevalo Plotted Murder
Police say Eduardo confessed to strangling Viridiana the day before she was reported missing and to writing the suicide note the family found so it would look like she took her own life.
Eduardo Arevalo Statements
Eduardo told investigators that after he killed Viridiana, he put her body in the trunk of his car and drove half an hour away to a remote part of town, where he dumped the body.
‘As the week went on, Eduardo stated that he wanted his family to know where Viri was so he went and picked up her body and brought her back Sunday morning in the early morning hours and dumped her body in the alleyway,’ Sgt Aaron Woodard of The Colony Police Department said at a news conference Monday.
Eduardo Arevalo Arrested
Eduardo became a suspect after he was seen on surveillance video in the alley.
Police said Viridiana’s baby was her boyfriend’s child. They don’t believe the boyfriend, who has not been named, or anyone else in her family was involved in her murder.
When Viridiana was first reported missing last Tuesday, authorities said there were no signs of foul play.
‘We currently believe this is a voluntary absence,’ Colony police tweeted on Wednesday.
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Eduardo Arévalo, 19, was charged with capital murder for the death of his 23-year-old pregnant sister, Viridiana Arévalo.
- Viridiana was reported missing by her boyfriend in The Colony, Texas, last week.
- His family discovered a note in which he said he wanted to commit suicide
- Eduardo was arrested after Viridiana’s body was found in an alley on Sunday.
- Police say the teenager confessed to strangling Viridiana on December 16 and that she wrote the suicide note to make it look like she took her life.
- The teenager told detectives that he killed his sister because she was “a shame to her family” and “it would be better if she wasn’t here.”