Karanbir Cheema Wiki
Karanbir Cheema, 13, who also had other allergies and asthma, suffered from a severe reaction at his school in west London on 28 June 2017.
— Helen Clifford (@accidentsatwork) May 1, 2019
Karanbir Cheema, had dairy,eggs,nuts&other allergies+ asthma & eczema. Someone put? down his?i believe & he went into anaparaphyletic shock,grasping for breath &hives all over, stopped breathing at the school but died 10 days later in the hospital w/ parents by his bed?RIP?? https://t.co/lD61nHS1hC
— baljit (@kraaayjit) September 20, 2018
He was taken to hospital in a life-threatening condition and died two weeks later.
An inquest into Karanbir’s death heard a piece of cheese landed on his neck.
So saddened to hear about the death of Karanbir Cheema a murderous bully chased him down the halls of his school and stuffed cheese down his shirt because he’s deathly allergic. Disgusting. I hope justice is served. pic.twitter.com/8dtkIZaTfL
— The Podiac Killer (@thepodiackiller) September 22, 2018
A boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told Poplar Coroner’s Court he did not know why he threw the cheese, describing it as “immature behavior.”
Tragedy: UK teen, Karanbir Cheema, with a severe dairy allergy died after he was apparently “chased” with cheese by a classmate — who then hurled it down his shirthttps://t.co/mtZF1yX1sF
— TheWalkerCollective (@AFirm4Creatives) September 21, 2018
The court heard he was given it by a friend during break time at William Perkin Church of England High School in Ealing.
He then threw the piece of cheese at Karanbir – but said he was not specifically his target.
“After that he just said ‘I am allergic to cheese’,” the boy said.
“I apologised and went to class after.”
The boy admitted he did not know how serious allergies could be and thought they could simply cause a rash or fever.
“I didn’t mean to hurt him and obviously I feel bad now”, the boy said.
In a statement, Karanbir’s mother Rina said her son was “extremely diligent” at managing his allergies.
The anguish of a Sikh father Amarjeet Cheema with the loss of his son, Karanbir from an allergic reaction. Our thoughts are with the family pic.twitter.com/uoQTz8T2cH
— British Sikh Nurses (@NursesSikh) July 11, 2017
Informed that cheese had been put down his neck, she said a consultant at the hospital questioned this because contact through the skin would not cause such a bad reaction.
This story in The Sun is so incredibly sad, a schoolboy with a severe allergy to dairy died when he was chased with cheese and had it thrown down his T-shirt, an inquest has heard.
Giving evidence, Rajvnder Saini who worked at the school, said an Epipen kept in the school for Karanbir had expired in July 2016.
Karanbir Cheema died of a heart attack brought on by having cheese from at him, he was allergic to dairy.. I’d like to condemn those that did it.. unfortunately even adults have zero clue about allergies.. I’ve been taunted a lot over mine. Even family members may not care
— Harry (@HarryHarryshud) September 19, 2018
An email was sent to the boy’s mother in February 2017 to inform her, the court heard.