Deidre Smith Wiki
Lake Charles, Louisiana teacher Deidre Rae Smith, 34, allegedly had sex with the boy at her home from Lake Charles Charter Academy, the school where she is employed. An investigation revealed that the third-grade teacher had intercourse with a student.
Deidre Smith, who has been released after posting $50,000 bond, declined to comment when reached early Thursday by The Post. https://t.co/h6zpBUhJUO
— Joshua Rhett Miller (@joshuarhett) May 2, 2019
Deidre R. Smith was arrested Tuesday on charges of first-degree rape and felony indecent behavior with a juvenile, the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday.
The sheriff’s office said they received a complaint on Tuesday from an administrator at Lake Charles Charter Academy in Lake Charles, regarding one of their teachers. That administrator said they believed that Smith was “possibly having an inappropriate relationship with one of her 10 year old students,” the sheriff’s department stated. “During the initial investigation detectives learned Smith was having inappropriate contact with the boy since the end of 2018. It was also learned Smith had sexual intercourse with the victim.”
According to Thibodeaux, the school “promptly took steps to contact authorities,” adding that the investigation is incomplete and ongoing.
“Once the allegation was reported, the school promptly took steps to contact authorities who are now conducting the investigation,” Thibodeaux’s stated. “The investigation is incomplete and ongoing.”
Charter school teacher charged with raping 10-year-old boy: A teacher at a public charter school in Louisiana has been charged with raping a 10-year-old boy, deputies said. Deidre R. Smith, 34, was arrested Tuesday on charges of first-degree rape and… https://t.co/rogYHqoy39 pic.twitter.com/5kdelp3x7L
— wp-plugin.us (@PDFviewerForWp) May 2, 2019
A Lake Charles Charter Academy teacher has been arrested after allegations were lodged against her for sexual misconduct with a student, according to Kim Myers, spokesperson for the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office.
The case is still under investigation and the sheriff’s department stated that more charges are likely.
It’s not clear if Smith has a lawyer who can speak on her behalf.
10 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Lake Charles Charter Academy is a free public charter school for children in grades K-8.
- Deidre Smith, 34, charged with first-degree rape and felony indecent behavior with a juvenile
- The third-grade teacher at Lake Charles Charter Academy in Louisiana is accused of carrying on an inappropriate relationship with a child for months
- Detectives reportedly learned that Smith, who is married with three children, allegedly had sex with the 10-year-old student
- Authorities Say Smith Had Been Having Inappropriate Contact with the Boy Since 2018
- Smith Is Facing Felony Counts of Rape and Indecent Behavior
- An Administrator Contacted Authorities After Suspecting Inappropriate Behavior
- Smith Is Married and the Mother of Three Children
- Female Teachers Who Commit Student Sexual Abuse are Likely to Re-Offend
- Facebook posts reveal that Smith’s husband works for a gas station chain and the couple has been married for 12 years.