Daniel Gordon Biography
Daniel Gordon, a professor of Faith and Science at Lipscomb University has been arrested in Sumner County, Tennessee on Thursday and is accused of abusing his 5-week-old girl.
Gordon, a 36-year-old male was booked on $200,000 bond and was charged with two counts of aggravated child abuse. According to Sumner County officials, Gordon admitted in a non-custodial interview that he injured the girl.
Apparently a Bible professor named Daniel Gordon, broke five ribs and both legs of his 5 week old baby. It’s insanes
— Codie?? (@unicorn_codie) May 10, 2019
Officials say, Gordon, claimed responsibility for injuring the child and is fully aware he is responsible for his actions. Tennessean.com reports Gordon stayed in custody in lieu of the $200,000 bond.
Daniel Gordon: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Knowhttps://t.co/4Qx1gnaajY
Sumner County Jail
Daniel Gordon was arrested on May 9th after admitting to breaking his daughter’s ribs and fracturing her leg… pic.twitter.com/x0h7LCmiG2
— Top Style Today (@topstyletoday) May 9, 2019
His employer, Lipscomb University put out the following statement:
Daniel Gordon has been employed full-time since August 2018. He has been suspended until the resolution of this unfortunate and sad situation. We are supporting the family during this time by providing pastoral care and intentionally seeking other ways to assist the Gordon family.
10 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Daniel Gordon Is a Professor in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences at Lipscomb University
- Gordon, who is described as having the “McClure Professorship of Faith and Science,” is a Doctor of Ministry in Science and Theology.
- Gordon Worked in the Ministry for 10 & a Half Years
- His main influencer to where he is today in his career is his relationship with faith-science
- Gordon’s Daughter is 5-Weeks Old
- Gordon Was a Part-Time Youth Minister Early in His Career
- According to Gordon’s website, he worked part-time as a youth minister from 2003-2005
- Gordon’s Daughter Was Taken to Vanderbilt’s Children Hospital
- While there, she was diagnosed with a minimum of five rib fractures as well as fractures in both leg bones.
Daniel Gordon has been taken into custody on charges of aggravated abuse of a five-month-old baby in Sumner County.https://t.co/bY99v8939X
— Lumination Network (@luminationnet) May 9, 2019