Crystal Mirogho Bio, Wiki
Crystal Mirogho was a two-year-old girl, who was killed after an air conditioning unit that fell from an eighth-floor apartment landed on her stroller while her two young siblings watched in horror.
— Scarborough Mirror (@SCMirror) November 13, 2019
Crystal Mirogho Death
The girl’s mother and her three young children entered the Toronto Community Housing complex after she picked up two of them from school.
Just before entering the building, an air conditioning unit landed directly on the stroller carrying Crystal Mirogho, according to CTV News Toronto.
Please support GoFundMe for the family of Crystal Mirogho, 2, who passed away after she was hit by falling AC unit outside her Scarborough building: https://t.co/6YvF0cjdn1 #RIP #ScarbTO pic.twitter.com/x5R6WbPwby #Ward24 #TOPoli
— Paul Ainslie Ward 24 (@Ainslie_Ward24) November 13, 2019
Crystal’s two brothers, ages five and seven, witnessed the incident.
She was rushed to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead just after 11 p.m. Monday.
“I heard screams,” building resident Sherene Bromfield told CTV News Toronto.
Ran I ran down my balcony, looked and could see her trying to revive her daughter.
“They said they had a pulse, a low pulse, and she just started crying.”
The family, through a law firm, said it was “devastated” by Crystal’s death.
“Our family has lost our precious baby Crystal,” the family said.
‘We are devastated. We ask that during this difficult time we be given the opportunity to mourn our loss in private.
Crystal Mirogho GoFundMe page
A GoFundMe page has been created $23,790 raised of $30,000 goal to help the family offset funeral and burial costs.
The page Described
A young life was cut short, a mother’s dreams were shattered on a day that is marked to be the Remembrance Day of those who has lost their lives. As Crystal and her mother were wheeling her stroller into their building while her two siblings were watching this happen right in front of them, their entire world turned upside down. In a matter of a few seconds, they realized that a heavy Air Conditioner had fallen on Crystal. Crystal was rushed to Sick Kids hospital where the doctors tried their absolute best to save her life, however, at 11:04 pm, she succumbed to her injuries and passed away. Our entire family is devastated. She was the youngest in our family and the light of our lives. Crystal’s siblings and her mother witnessed this horrific incident. This GoFundMe is being set up by a family member in order to help the father, Mujibrahmon Mirogho with funeral expenses and relocating the family to another building. The family cannot bear to go back to the same building where their daughter was killed. Thank you to each and every donation.
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Crystal Mirogho, 2, died Monday after the stroller carrying her was hit by an air conditioning unit that fell from a window on the 8th floor
- Mirogho was with his mother and two brothers, aged five and seven, when they entered his apartment building in the Scarborough section of Toronto.
- Mirogho was rushed to a local children’s hospital just before 4 p.m. and was pronounced dead just after 11 p.m. of Monday
- Preliminary investigation has found that the incident was the result of a ‘tragic accident’
- The residents of the building said management offered tenants the opportunity to change window air conditioning units in exchange for portable air conditioning, but not everyone did
- A law firm representing the family says it has notified the owners of the building, although it is too early to say if there will be a lawsuit.