Connor Betts Biography
Connor Bett is identified as the gunman in the Ohio shooting, who was wearing body armor when he opened fire on patrons at a bar, killing nine and injuring 27 early Sunday morning ‘in less than a minute’.
There was an active shooter in the bar i was in tonight. I am told that he had an AR15. @HannahRayNinja and I are ok. I am so incredibly heartbroken for those affected by this. I have never been so scared in my life.
— Daniel Williams (@xcadaverx) August 4, 2019
Connor Betts Age
He was 24 years old.
Connor Betts Education, LinkedIn Page
Connor Betts ran track at Bellbrook High School.
According to his LinkedIn page, Betts attended Sinclair Community College where he studied psychology between 2017-2019.
Connor Betts Nationality, Ethnicity
He was withe and US Citizen.
Your gunman Connor Betts.
Not black, not an immigrant, not a Muslim.
White, American, male. pic.twitter.com/ivgLyletOh
— Katrina Hourrican (@HourricanKatie) August 4, 2019
Connor Betts Work Criteria
He had been working at a Chipotle in Centerville. Before Chipotle, Betts worked at a Marathon gas station.
Connor Betts Facebook, Twitter
Connor Betts did not have any obvious social media accounts that are still active.
Dayton Shooting Police Investigation Reports
Dayton police said that an active shooter situation began in the Oregon District at 1am, but officers nearby were able to ‘put an end to it quickly’.
Lt Col Matt Carper said at a press conference that the suspect, who was identified Sunday afternoon as Connor Betts, 24, of Bellbrook, was shot to death by responding officers.
Because officers were in the area when the shooting started, they killed Betts in ‘less than a minute,’ authorities said.
Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley said during a Sunday morning press conference that had police not responded so quickly, ‘hundreds of people in the Oregon District could be dead today’.
Whaley said Betts was carrying a .223-caliber rifle and had additional high-capacity magazines with him. Betts opened fire on the Ned Peppers Bar from the street. Whaley said a community vigil is planned for 8pm on Sunday evening.
At least 26 others are being treated at area hospitals, though no details about their conditions have been released. At least one person is in critical condition.
Miami Valley Hospital spokeswoman Terrea Little said 16 of the victims were brought to the hospital, but she couldn’t confirm their conditions.
— wellington ojukwu (@jukuwellington) August 4, 2019
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- The suspected gunman, Connor Betts, 24, opened fire at a bar in Ohio, police said
- Nine people were killed and 27 others were injured at Ned Peppers Bar in Dayton
- Witnesses described seeing ‘white man dressed in all black’ firing an AR weapon
- Shortly after 7 am on Sunday, police revealed the man was wearing ‘body armor’
- Lt Col Matt Carper said cops who were in area shot gunman in less than a minute
- Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley said the gunman was carrying a .223-caliber rifle and had additional high-capacity magazines with him; suspect opened fire from the street
- Police issued a search warrant on Betts’ home and are trying to establish a motive