Carolyn Eadie Wiki, Carolyn Eadie Biography
Carolyn Eadie Wiki
Carolyn Eadie Full name, Carolyn Claire Eadie is renown for being the wife of Michael Portillo, a British journalist, broadcaster, and former Member of Parliament and Cabinet Minister of the Conservative Party. We update all data about Carolyn Eadie wiki, Carolyn Eadie Biography, how old is and who is Carolyn Eadie from a reliable source and other updates maybe publish as soon as available.
|Carolyn Eadie Full Name||Carolyn Claire Eadie|
|Carolyn Eadie Age||Not on record Available soon|
|Carolyn Eadie Husband||Michael Portillo (m.1982)|
|Carolyn Eadie Children||None, due to a Cancer operation 2 years after their marriage|
|Carolyn Eadie Occupation||Headhunter at Spencer Stuart|
|Carolyn Eadie Net Worth||Her husband’s Net Worth is estimated to be around £ 8.5 Million|
Carolyn Eadie as a senior executive recruitment consultant in the City of London, with Spencer Stuart. As a headhunter, she is responsible for recruiting senior executives in openings with companies like Barclay’s Chief Executive position. She makes around £500,000 or more annually.
She has a reputation for throwing riotous political parties and the couple also purchased Tory Minister Sir Timothy Sainsbury’s estate with gorgeous upgrades and lots of entertainment space.
Michael Portillo full name Michael Denzil Xavier Portillo is a British journalist, broadcaster, and former Member of Parliament and Cabinet Minister of the Conservative Party. He attended a grammar school, Harrow County, and went to Peterhouse, Cambridge, where he gained a first class degree in History.
He left Cambridge in 1975, and for a year worked for a shipping company. He moved to the Conservative Research Department in 1976, where he spent three years. At the General Election in 1979, he was responsible for briefing Margaret Thatcher before her press conferences. For the next two years, he was a special adviser to the Secretary of State for Energy.
Portillo’s passion for steam trains led him to make the BBC documentary series Great British Railway Journeys, beginning in 2010, in which he travels the British railway networks, referring to an 1840s copy of Bradshaw’s Guide. The show’s success led Portillo to present a number of further series about railway systems in other countries.
Michael Portillo identified as gay while studying at Cambridge. His former gay lover, Nigel Hart, criticised him for implying that his “homosexual experiences” were confined to his student days at Cambridge. Writing in today’s Guardian, Nigel Hart, who conducted an eight-year affair intermittently with Portillo in the 1970s, accuses him of “being somewhat economical with the actualité” for describing his homosexuality as youthful experimentation.
Carolyn knew all about Michael’s homosexual leanings when they married, and felt it strengthens their relationship for him not to feel the need to hide an important part of himself.
Carolyn Eadie Personal Life :
- Eadie is from North London, and met her future husband Michael Portillo at a teen party in the mid-70s, going on holiday together every year and later becoming the best of friends.
- In 1982, Carolyn married Michael, a right-wing Tory, in a private London wedding. Son of Luis Portillo, an idealistic Spanish refugee and a progressive Scottish mother, Michael is an unlikely Conservative.
- At eleven, Michael was so interested in the 1964 general election, his father had to forcibly dispatch him to bed, where he promptly listened through the bedroom floor.
- He attended Cambridge and soon he fell hard for Carolyn. Portillo has been a hospital porter, worked with celebrities both on and off the set, adventure in the wilderness, worked as a briefer to Margaret Thatcher during her 1979 election, been Defense Secretary, and is now a leading politician in Parliament.
- Carolyn herself is a strong female businesswoman & states she knew all about Michael’s homosexual leanings when they married, and felt it strengthens their relationship for him not to feel the need to hide an important part of himself.
- The media exposure has apparently not caused discomfort; she has been called tough, intelligent, and loyal to his political ambitions. Carolyn had a cancer operation two years after her marriage, which has left the couple unable to have children.
Carolyn Eadie Career, Salary, Net Worth & Other Trivia :
- Carolyn is a senior executive recruitment consultant in the City of London, with Spencer Stuart. The head-hunter company is responsible for finding the senior executives who fill openings with companies like Barclay’s Chief Executive position, making £500,000 or more annually.
- She has a reputation for throwing riotous political parties and the couple also purchased Tory Minister Sir Timothy Sainsbury’s estate with gorgeous upgrades and lots of entertainment space