Cameron Ely Bio
Cameron Ely was identified as the suspect killer of his mother who killed by police after the Murder of Miss Florida‘s Valerie Ely who is the wife of Tarzan actor Ron Elys in her Santa Barbara home
— Starts at 60 (@Startsat60) October 17, 2019
Cameron Ely Age
He was 30 years old.
Cameron Ely Stabbed to death Valerie Ely
In the audio of caller 911 obtained by The Blast, the original caller to the emergency services was a young male who said his ‘father tried to attack the mother’.
The operator adds that when the authorities called back the caller sounded ‘out of breath, unintelligible and crying’.
Police confirmed that the Valerie Ely wife of Tarzan actor Ron Elys was stabbed to death by their own son, and he was shot dead by responding officers at the scene.
Former Miss Florida Valerie Lundeen, 62, was found dead on the exclusive property of the Hope Ranch couple in Santa Barbara on Tuesday shortly after 8 p.m., according to sources.
On Wednesday night, the Sheriff’s Department confirmed that the 30-year-old suspect Cameron Ely, son of Ron and Valerie, was shot dead by agents who rushed to family property.
Authorities say Cameron posed a threat when they found him on the grounds of the house and four agents opened fire, according to TMZ.
Cameron reportedly called police after allegedly killing his mother, but blamed the attack on his 81-year-old disabled father.
Ron, 81, best known for his leading role in the Tarzan television series of the 1960s, was at home at the time of the incident, but had trouble communicating with agents due to a medical condition that prevented his speech, authorities said according to KTLA.
Even so, he was able to tell them that another family member was involved in the stabbing of his wife, which occurred in the exclusive Hope Ranch house.
Authorities said Valerie Lundeen Ely, 62, was found dead inside their home with multiple stab wounds. They say the suspect, the couple’s 30-year-old son Cameron Ely, was then fatally shot by deputies who went to the home for a 911 call. #UpLateATL https://t.co/Lx167LTujw
— 11Alive News (@11AliveNews) October 17, 2019
A spokesman for the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office (SBCSO) tells PEOPLE that the officers responded to a 911 call made at Elys’s house at 8:15 p.m. on Tuesday.
When they arrived at the scene, the officers found Valerie, 62, dead inside the house with “multiple stab wounds,” and identified the suspect as Cameron Ely.
I pray for the Ely family. Cameron and I played on the same travel ball team as kids and competed against eachother in HS. I don’t know details other than what’s online but mental illness needs more attention. It’s affecting every one of us personally and/or someone we know. https://t.co/EreCX7YFJS
— Andrew [Andy] Gil (@CoachAGil) October 16, 2019
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Former Miss Florida, Valerie Lundeen, 62, was killed Tuesday, according to sources.
- She was the wife of Tarzan’s actor, Ron Ely, 81, and was found stabbed at his home in Santa Barbara.
- On Wednesday, police said the couple’s son, Cameron Ely, 30, was behind the attack.
- Cameron allegedly called the police “cry” and “out of breath”, claiming that his father attacked his mother
- Agents rushed to the house after the call of the domestic incident and reported that the suspect was found armed and ‘presented a threat’
- The video shows the moment when four agents opened fire and killed the suspect
- Initially, police said a relative was involved in Valerie’s death
- Ron Ely is best known for playing the lead role in the 1966 Tarzan television series.
- Ron was unharmed in Tuesday night’s attack.
- Valerie and Ron had been married for 35 years and had three children together.