Cadesha Bishop Biography
Cadesha Bishop, 25, faces a charge of open murder on an elderly-vulnerable person. Las Vegas police have made an arrest in the case of senior citizen who died after being pushed out of a bus.
Witnesses said Bishop got in an argument with the victim and other passengers on the bus, and she pushed the victim out the door.
Cadesha Bishop, 25, is charged with murder after police identified her as the woman seen on video pushing an elderly man off a bus in Las Vegas. Police say the confrontation happened on March 21, 2019. Police released surveillance video of the incident on May 14 and have asked witnesses to come forward.
The victim, identified as Serge Fournier, fell on his head and died from his injuries on April 23. He was 74 years old. Bishop pushed him after he told her to “be nicer” to other passengers, according to a police report cited by NBC affiliate KSNV-TV.
Bishop was arrested and booked into the Clark County Detention Center on May 6, according to inmate records. Online records also show that Bishop had been arrested on battery charges twice before.
The victim refused medical treatment and died from his injuries on April 23.
Bishop Was Seen on Video Shoving Serge Fournier as He Moved to Get Off the Bus; Investigators Are Asking Witnesses to Come Forward
He falls and lays still on the ground. Bishop does not offer assistance but instead turns and moves away from the door.
Homicide detectives with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police want to speak with anyone who was present during this fatal confrontation. They are asking witnesses to call 702-828-3521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serge Fournier Family, Death
The family notified Las Vegas police of his death on May 3, and Bishop was arrested on May 6, according to police.
Fournier leaves behind a wife, who is disabled.
‘I know it caused several financial problems for his wife,’ said Ken Mallen, who was familiar with the couple.
The Las Vegas Sun reported that Bishop was identified in part by a ‘Love’ emblem on her jacket and her son’s distinctive Spider-Man backpack.
Police said she was seen in the security video, which has yet to be released, walking away holding the boy’s hand.
Court records show that Bishop was convicted twice, in 2014 and 2015, of misdemeanor domestic battery charges.
10 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Video footage released by police shows an elderly man being shoved off a bus
- Serge Fournier hit his head on a sidewalk after being thrown from the vehicle
- The 74-year-old man told shouting and cursing woman to be nicer to passengers
- A month after the incident Clark County coroner ruled his death was a homicide
- Cadesha Michelle Bishop, 25, was arrested by Vegas police on a murder warrant
- Serge Fournier Drove Himself to the Hospital & Died a Month Later Due to Injuries Sustained in the Attack
- Cadesha Bishop Was Charged With Murder & Bond Was Set at $100,000
- Cadesha Bishop Has Been Charged With Misdemeanor Battery Twice, According to Court Records
- Bishop Was Seen on Video Shoving Serge Fournier as He Moved to Get Off the Bus; Investigators Are Asking Witnesses to Come Forward
The Victim Reportedly Heard Cadesha Bishop Swearing & Urged Her to ‘Be Nicer’ to Others