Andrew Dunbar Biography
Andrew Dunbar, the body double for Theon Greyjoy on HBO’s Game of Thrones and a frequent extra on the series, died at home in Belfast, Ireland on Christmas Eve. His death was confirmed by friends and coworkers, but no cause was given. Dunbar was in his 30s and also worked as a DJ.
RIP Andrew Dunbar 😢
How tragic to hear that the
Game of Thrones actor
Andrew Dunbar died suddenly on Christmas Eve.
My deepest condolences go to his family, friends and co-stars.
❤️❤️❤️#AndrewDunbar #GameofThrones pic.twitter.com/MDBu3xMeas
— 🏴Wendy Smith met Matt🏴 (@BabyDragon5067) December 28, 2019
Andrew Dunbar Age
He was 35 years old.
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Game Of Thrones Actor was born in 1984 by his father and mother in Portrush, Ireland.
- Therefore, Andrew Dunbar was 35 years old from 2019.
- However, the deceased artist never mentioned anything about his actual date and place of birth on the Internet.
- During the Game Of Thrones program, he appeared as a member of Northern Ally. It was on John Snow’s side in the Battle of the Bastards.
- Helen Sloan (Irish photographer) also paid tribute to him and shared the photos of him in Game Of Thrones on the Facebook account.
- In addition, his funeral will take place on Monday, December 30, 2019, at the Ballywillan Presbyterian Church in Portrush.
- Previously, the actor had appeared on the red carpet at the Whistler Film Festival on December 4, 2019.
Andrew Dunbar Death
‘Game of Thrones’ actor dies suddenly at Belfast home
Andrew Dunbar, a body double and actor of a number of background characters throughout the show’s run, died suddenly in his home in Belfast.https://t.co/87j6SKc9M1
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) December 28, 2019
Andrew Dunbar died on December 24, 2019, at his Belfast home. The Extras Department agency confirmed Dunbar’s death in a statement on Instagram.
“To say we are shocked and saddened at the passing of Andrew Dunbar is an understatement. We have so many fond memories of the years Andrew worked with us. He was so versatile we could cast him in anything, he was such a talented performer he would always end up being featured, and he was so adored that he was always requested by productions again and again. He’ll be remembered in his roles as a Stark and Theon Greyjoy’s Double on Game of Thrones, a corrupt Police Officer on Line of Duty, the poor fella cornered by Colum on Derry Girls, and a Rebel on Krypton to name a few. But most of all he’ll be remembered by his kind soul and infectious personality. Thank you for all you did for us, Andrew. We will miss you dearly.”
Graham Smith paid tribute to Dunbar in an Instagram post. He wrote, “Initially I wasn’t going to post anything but now I see the value in everyone sharing their thoughts on the loss of a good friend Andrew Dunbar, who died on Christmas Eve. It’s good and healthy for us to share our memories of him and to know we are not alone in our grief. I have found it comforting to read what everyone has been posting in the past few days.
“For me, it really is simple. He made me smile, he made me laugh and he made me think. He was just so damn loveable. I saw him only a week ago and we hugged as he left. I’m grateful for that hug and I am grateful to have known him.
“I am sorry for the people who are grieving tonight and sorry for the people who never got a chance to meet him. He was one of the good ones.
“Look after each other. If you need help, please talk to someone. Anyone. You are never alone.”
Andrew Dunbar Cause of Death
Andrew Dunbar’s cause of death was not revealed.
Andrew Dunbar Instagram
Many celebrities including his fellow actor Andy McClay paid tribute to him on their respective social media.