Amari Allen Biography
Amari Allen is a Twelve-year-old 6th-grade black girl. She pinned down by 3 white classmate boys. They cut off her hair on Monday. She’s a student at Immanuel Christian School in Springfield, Virginia, where Vice President Mike Pence’s wife, Karen Pence, teaches part-time.
“She was at recess & about to go down a slide when one of the boys grabbed her & put a hand over her mouth. Another boy grabbed her arms. A third boy cut off some of her hair.”
Amari Allen Age
She is 12 years old.
Amari Allen Bullied Racism
#AmariAllen #ImmanuelChristianSchool three white classmates appeared Within “seconds,” the 12-year-old said, she was pushed down, her hands held behind her back as the boys called her names and cut off patches of her “ugly, nappy” dreadlocks. #Blacktwitter pic.twitter.com/Vx95XZY24j
— Got Damn Sorcerer© (@WaspRed) September 26, 2019
Amari a good student and violin player. She said the boys started bullying her at the beginning of the school year. She has attended the school since kindergarten and has always liked it.
But on Monday, she was at recess and about to go down a slide when one of the boys grabbed her and put a hand over her mouth. Another boy grabbed her arms. A third boy cut off some of her hair.
“They put their hands over my mouth. They put my hands behind my back. And they started cutting my hair and saying it was ugly,” Amari said.
“They said my hair was nappy and I was ugly,” she said.
Immanuel Christian school Statements
Student, 12-year-old Amari Allen, attends Immanuel Christian School in Fairfax County, Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C. was allegedly attacked at the school’s… https://t.co/Y4DXx4ovHY pic.twitter.com/EwnWyDfS7J
— KnowYourRightsCamp (@yourrightscamp) September 27, 2019
Head of School Stephen Danish said administrators were “deeply disturbed by the allegations.”
“We take seriously the emotional and physical well-being of all our students, and have a zero-tolerance policy for any kind of bullying or abuse,” he said in a statement.
Police Investigation Reports
A Fairfax County Police Spokeswoman confirmed to the site that there was an ‘ongoing’ investigation and declined to provide more information because the victim is a juvenile.
Amari Allen Family
JUST IN: Boys Pin Down Black Classmate, Cut Her Dreadlocks at Immanuel Christian School in VA. She says the 3 white boys called her “nappy” & “ugly.” Fairfax Co. Police investigating. VP Mike Pence’s wife, Karen, teaches at the school part time #AmariAllenhttps://t.co/ngn8g8eyok
— Shomari Stone (@shomaristone) September 26, 2019
Meanwhile, Amari’s family has demanded action.
‘It’s very painful,’ the girl’s grandmother Cynthia Allen told WLTX when discussing Monday’s incident. She demanded consequences for the unidentified sixth-graders, who have bullied Amari before.
‘I want to see them dismissed from the school. I want to see something done.’
The girl finally mentioned the attack when after her grandmother noticed the difference in her hair length.
On Thursday, the family met with school officials at the playground, which was roped off with caution tape.
12 year-old Amari Allen had her dreadlocks cut by 3 boys while being pinned down at Immanuel Christian school in Springfield, VA.
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Amari Allen, a 12-year-old black girl, says three white male sixth-grade classmates pinned her down in their private Christian school playground
- The boys then cut her dreadlocks, calling them ‘ugly’ and ‘nappy,’ as they laughed and called Amari an ‘attention-seeker’ who should not have been born
- The boys then ran off leaving Amari ‘just sitting there,’ and it’s not clear where teachers were when the incident happened
- On Thursday, the entire playground at the Immanuel Christian School in Fairfax was surrounded by caution tape as Amari’s family spoke to the administration
- School officials say they referred the incident to the Fairfax County Police so they could ‘conduct a thorough investigation’
- A police spokeswoman confirmed the investigation was ongoing and declined to release more information because the victim is a juvenile