Akosua Busia Wiki
Akosua Busia, 52, becomes briefly married to Boyz inside the Hood director John Singleton. He suffered a slight stroke on April 17, consistent with an announcement from his own family, and is convalescing.
married Life, Husband
Busia and Singleton got married in 1996 however divorced after simply three hundred and sixty-five days. they have one daughter collectively, named Hadar Busia-Singleton.
Like her ex-husband, Busia additionally works inside the leisure industry. Born into a royal family in Ghana, Busia became an actress, screenwriter, and director.
Akosua Busia’s sister, Abena Busia, teaches literature and gender studies at Rutgers University in New Jersey. Together, they founded Busia Foundation International in 2009. They were inspired by their mother, Naa Morkor Busia, to launch the organization in honor of their father, former Prime Minister Dr. Kofi Abrefa Busia. He was credited with helping to implement civilian government in Ghana.
10 Facts About Akosua Busia You Need to Know
- Akosua Busia Began Acting as a Teenager
- Best Known For Her Role as Nettie Harris in the Movie ‘The Color Purple’
- She is a member of the Yefri Royal House of Wenchi in Ghana
- Akosua Busia is a Princess in Ghana But Spent Much of Her Childhood Attending Schools in Other Countries
- Akosua Busia Co-Founded the Busia Foundation International With Her Sister; the Organization Promoted Human Rights & Democracy
- Busia also has the title “director” on her resume
- Akosua Busia is a Screenwriter & Book Author; Her Writing Work Included Interviews With Witnesses of the Battle of Mogadishu, Which Was Portrayed in the Movie ‘Black Hawk Down’
- Busia’s writing work included interviewing people who witnessed the Battle of Mogadishu
- Akosua Busia & John Singleton Were Married For One Year; Busia Filed a Lawsuit in 2016 Claiming She Was Owed a Larger Share of Singleton’s Profits From the Movie ‘Shaft’
- Busia’s mission was to promote human rights, democracy, civic education, and “good governance