Adan Flores Wiki, Adan Flores Biography
Adan Flores, 22, was taken into custody on Friday after police were called to Phoenix Children’s Hospital for a report of a one-month-old patient who was bleeding from her mouth.
Adan Flores Arrested
An Arizona father has been arrested on child abuse charges after allegedly bending his newborn daughter backward until he heard a ‘pop’ in a bid to stop her from crying.
When interviewed by detectives, Flores initially claimed that he and another family member accidentally sat on the infant.
Court documents cited by AZFamily.com state that the victim was bleeding from her eyes, had a damaged liver, broken legs, healing fractured ribs and blood in her mouth.
During an audio-recorded interview with the police, Flores allegedly admitted to placing his baby daughter on the bed, putting her on her knees and bending her back until he heard a popping noise.
The 22-year-old also is said to have confessed to doing the same thing to his child the day before in an effort to get her to be quiet.
Under questioning, Flores allegedly admitted to twisting the newborn’s legs until her bones popped, and aggressively shoving a thermometer into her mouth.
Flores expressed regret for his actions and said he felt guilty for hurting his daughter, according to a police report.
According to the documents, at least one of the instances of abuse took place while the baby’s mother was in the shower.
Flores told police he was afraid to take his daughter right away to the hospital because he did not want the girl’s mother to find out about this, and he did not want to get the Department of Child Safety involved.
Flores has been charged with six counts of child abuse. He is being held on $100,000 bail.
Facts You Need to Know
- Adan Flores, 22, from Phoenix, charged with six child abuse counts
- Accused of repeatedly bending his baby daughter’s body backward and twisting her legs until their popped
- He allegedly admitted to police to shoving a thermometer in her mouth and making her bleed
- When the baby was brought to a hospital, she was bleeding from her eyes, had damaged liver, fractured legs and healing broken ribs
- Flores is said to have told police he harmed the baby while her mother was taking a shower